• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Get Legit Bro! Rate Topic: ***** 13 Votes

#281 User is offline   LammeSnail Icon

• Account: lammesnail
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 19 August 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

Do NOT install a cheat for any reason. It leaves behind traces of it's self that can be detected.

Do NOT use wall hacks to catch wall hackers.

Do not use ANYONES CFG files but you own.

Protect your account and do not let anyone use it for any reason.

This is what we been saying even before the AUTH system was made active and the fact that we were no longer talking about it should have been a warning.

Hi Frankie,

1. Yes I totally agree. So this is why I will ask my admin to give me the name of the FS member who asked him for the download link of the cheat he caught, investigated and reported to FS. Will this FS member kicked from team and banned?

2. I am still waiting for the connection and cheat usage details of “razor2012” that I as a head admin can decide about his treatment.
And a bit more about this. I appreciate the work of FS, for making us a free game. But on the other hand you could appreciate more people like I am. Because people like I host servers for players with your game. And one of my servers is for example the 4. most visited Urbanterror servers worldwide at Gametracker. And many others are very liked.
So I would be thankful for contact me and give me the information I asked for very polite.
As I do within my two communities (KRH and KzH), you can ask anyone about me how fair and helpful I am.
Or are you too busy? No problem, will wait.
Else there would be doubts around the bans.
Thanks,

Snail

#282 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Bitch for anticheat.

Get anticheat.

Pals get caught.

Boycott.

Makes sense.

#283 User is offline   Cliclic Icon

• Account: cliclic
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

I see here severals respectful clans and admins who are telling that one of theirs also fair and respectful admins or players have been put in the wrong bag ("cheaters"). I am as them certain that at least one name is miss respected and treated as "cheater" while he is NOT.
And all those players, server owners, admins who are in the fields all days and nights, and contrary to FS, they know who to trust and who to not trust. It seems that what they said was just wind, and that's sad.

A software has an integrity, truthfulness and a reliability thanks to the tests that improve its quality. I would be thanks full that you share to community the situations on which it can be trusted and those it can't be trusted and how far this software is reliable.
The community is not fool, we all are aware that a software can't be 100% reliable lol. If you would be able to develop that kind of software you should be rich by now :)

In my mind, there is two differents ways to make this program reliable.
Either, it has been made with some cheats (studied and tested with cheats) and he is maybe more reliable than i think. But it's hypocrite to ban player who installed a cheat (for test purposes) and don't use it on public servers.

Either, it has been not enough tested (in real situation) and he is not realiable at all.

It is not, ihmo, to FS to force people trusting it but it's a must for server owners (in different countries with different RULES and believes) to choose if they can trust or not this program.

I can't understand what you had in your mind when you take the responsibility to put some respectables players on the line even if they have not the same rules as you have.
It results in a split of the community and a a lot of misunderstanding of your acts.

AC is a good thing, i just think that for now, it's clearly not enough mature to be put on production and some bans in this list according to severals post (including mine) are unfair, i hope some cases will be reviewed and fairs players, admins, friends will be cleared.

Some accused admins/players are not better or worst than you, they want the same things and go on the same direction, but just on different ways, that's all and they have NEVER used cheats online. I don't talk for all the list, there are certainly some cheaters in it, but not all are, that's certain.

Don't forget, all the little admins who has spent time to prevent this game from cheaters (by studying or not cheats (not using them online) or just demo and ban cheaters). What they did, do and will do matters.

Clic

PS : I never used cheats (look into your program if you trust it that well ;) )
I don't like cheaters and have some good catches in my pockets without any cheat inside my computer (that's my convictions)
However, i am thank full to all admins who take their free time to study cheats and be able to learn others how to detect them and on which circumstance, we can say that this player is cheating or prove the contrary.

#284 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostCliclic, on 20 August 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

I am as them certain that at least one name is miss respected and treated as "cheater" while he is NOT.

You are certain based on what? That he is such a nice person? Because it sure isn't that you've been at his house looking over his shoulder while he plays.

#285 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostLammeSnail, on 20 August 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Hi Frankie,

1. Yes I totally agree. So this is why I will ask my admin to give me the name of the FS member who asked him for the download link of the cheat he caught, investigated and reported to FS. Will this FS member kicked from team and banned?

Sounds fair for further investigation...

Keep it up Lamme <3

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#286 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostCliclic, on 20 August 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

I see here severals respectful clans and admins who are telling that one of theirs also fair and respectful admins or players have been put in the wrong bag ("cheaters"). I am as them certain that at least one name is miss respected and treated as "cheater" while he is NOT.
And all those players, server owners, admins who are in the fields all days and nights, and contrary to FS, they know who to trust and who to not trust. It seems that what they said was just wind, and that's sad.

A software has an integrity, truthfulness and a reliability thanks to the tests that improve its quality. I would be thanks full that you share to community the situations on which it can be trusted and those it can't be trusted and how far this software is reliable.
The community is not fool, we all are aware that a software can't be 100% reliable lol. If you would be able to develop that kind of software you should be rich by now :)

In my mind, there is two differents ways to make this program reliable.
Either, it has been made with some cheats (studied and tested with cheats) and he is maybe more reliable than i think. But it's hypocrite to ban player who installed a cheat (for test purposes) and don't use it on public servers.

Either, it has been not enough tested (in real situation) and he is not realiable at all.

It is not, ihmo, to FS to force people trusting it but it's a must for server owners (in different countries with different RULES and believes) to choose if they can trust or not this program.

I can't understand what you had in your mind when you take the responsibility to put some respectables players on the line even if they have not the same rules as you have.
It results in a split of the community and a a lot of misunderstanding of your acts.

AC is a good thing, i just think that for now, it's clearly not enough mature to be put on production and some bans in this list according to severals post (including mine) are unfair, i hope some cases will be reviewed and fairs players, admins, friends will be cleared.

Some accused admins/players are not better or worst than you, they want the same things and go on the same direction, but just on different ways, that's all and they have NEVER used cheats online. I don't talk for all the list, there are certainly some cheaters in it, but not all are, that's certain.

Don't forget, all the little admins who has spent time to prevent this game from cheaters (by studying or not cheats (not using them online) or just demo and ban cheaters). What they did, do and will do matters.

Clic

PS : I never used cheats (look into your program if you trust it that well ;) )
I don't like cheaters and have some good catches in my pockets without any cheat inside my computer (that's my convictions)
However, i am thank full to all admins who take their free time to study cheats and be able to learn others how to detect them and on which circumstance, we can say that this player is cheating or prove the contrary.

- AC reaction to all kinds of cheats was tested. When using cheats, the cheats were detected, when not using them, no cheats were detected.
- People who used the cheat only locally, so that means while watching a demo or while playing on a local server, were not banned.
- People who were playing with a cheat client, but who had all cheats disabled all the time, were not banned either.
- Some people have appealed to the ban and we are not ignoring them. I have heard interesting excuses such as "I uploaded my urt folder including my auth as a torrent and someone cheated with my auth" - even if this is true, which I very much doubt, it is your own fault. If you allowed your data to get comprimised, we still ban the account using cheats, simply because that account was detected using cheats.

I think people who have nearly no knowledge of how the AC works, and what we did, should not pretend that they know what they're talking about. Because they really have no clue.

#287 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostH0i, on 20 August 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

- AC reaction to all kinds of cheats was tested. When using cheats, the cheats were detected, when not using them, no cheats were detected.
- People who used the cheat only locally, so that means while watching a demo or while playing on a local server, were not banned.
- People who were playing with a cheat client, but who had all cheats disabled all the time, were not banned either.
- Some people have appealed to the ban and we are not ignoring them. I have heard interesting excuses such as "I uploaded my urt folder including my auth as a torrent and someone cheated with my auth" - even if this is true, which I very much doubt, it is your own fault. If you allowed your data to get comprimised, we still ban the account using cheats, simply because that account was detected using cheats.

I think people who have nearly no knowledge of how the AC works, and what we did, should not pretend that they know what they're talking about. Because they really have no clue.

I think you should have banned anybody using the clients whether activated or not. But that's just my opinion.

In other words, what you're saying, is that you let a lot slide. Also, what you're saying, is these guys BFFs on the internet lied to them....you don't say!

#288 User is offline   shoushou Icon

• Account: shoushou

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

Well, first of all, great job. Even if some names leaked, even if FrankieV scared me with “No, we won’t publish the list”, at least it’s done. That’s the greatest thing done by FS since I’m playing this game. Not that surprising, even when the updater was announced the first time, Kalish was like “Nothing blocks us to install an AC without telling it hehe”. Really, that’s just great, you can be proud of your work.

But I still have some question you only can answer me.

First of all is easy : Do you plan to reveal more about those cheats cases ? I’m personaly interested in the competitive side, and I would like to know if the competitive players which get banned used their cheat during the clanwars or not.

Second still about competitive side : Ban with a “wave of players” is a good idea, except if you have a competition ongoing. You said that you had those players in mind for several releases over several months. The last OC was finished 2 months ago, and in the 2 finalists teams we had 4 cheaters on your list. I just hope that you didn’t hide their name during the OC, because it would be a huge fail on your responsibility. But I saw you’re planning to act in better collaboration with the competitions crew so good new anyway.

Third question about more details again. I planned myself to use a cheat to do an effect on my next fragmovie (didn’t had time to do it). I also had two teammates (not actives anymore) that were used to use cheat as spect on serveurs they were admins on to catch “random wallhackers”. Can those 2 cases being detected by your AC ? Can those people being banned for that ? If yes, is that really a good thing since they act for community without cheating on others players ?

I saw also that FS choose to apply a permanent ban of those people. Great. I got a problem with that. Not because I think those cheaters deserves less. But we all saw that it’s not possible to keep those bans permanent. All the organizations that tried to work with that (urt.fr and uz) gave up after years of work. Because you don’t have the tools to work againt that, those tools don’t exist. It needs time and time. Those organisations switchs to temp ban because they saw that you can’t prevent those cheaters to come back. Some of them come back clean, some others still cheating. But you can’t block them. UZ and urt.fr gave up on that although they had a huge staff that was working on that. You don’t have the staff for it, and you don’t have superpowers. More than that, nobody ask you to check that, you just don’t have the staff for it (and I imagine that all the time spending to check double accounts is a time that is not spent to improve the game).

My advice about that is the following : don’t try to make those bans. Just share the banlist with auths and ip, and let servers admins / competitions staff to decide what they do with it. The publics one will probably banned perm, and competitions will choose between perm and temp. But at least don’t try to start a fight you can’t win, that’s the kind of thing that can totally destroy your motivation.

#289 User is offline   Father Goose Icon

• Account: fathergoose
  • Main tag: |WC|

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

My forehead is unable to withstand any further facepalms if one more ignorant person, who was not at their buddy's computer 100% of the time, says they are "certain" their friend, admin, leader, significant other, clergyman absolutely could not have cheated and the AC made an error.

We should all keep quoting H0i's response to combat ignorance.

Also, complainers and doubters should go and make their own damn game with AC suitable to them.

Shout-out to Nikki for informed, to-the-point responses.

#290 User is offline   tehwally Icon

• Account: tehwally
  • Main tag: =v=

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostSpiki, on 20 August 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

Priceless.

Best comment ever these 25 full pages in the thread.

I couldn't resist after he bashed me when I had my incident. :dry:
∆

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942