View PostPat59, on 20 August 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Wow urt with steam ??

Wow bean on mars ??

#272 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

View Postzvezdicazaspanka, on 20 August 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

[...](retroactive implementation is not fair).[...]

What is not fair is that for all these years (past) some people have been playing with cheat, and that some, knowing very well how to hide it, there was no clear evidence of this. It is unacceptable for someone to win you because someone uses cheat, while others strive to play better and clean.

In the past, cheats have taken advantage of that there was no AC, I think it's totally fair retroactive implementation. They knew what they were doing and the risks involved hunt them.

With the AC, do not depend on interpretations and false accusations, this happens if reviewing demos that are not very clear. The AC, when detected clear evidence on any account (cvars or whatever, data, which do not depend on interpretations and feelings), there is no doubt, the cheater has been caught and must be banned.

#273 User is offline   Lochverstaerker Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

It does not mean they use it online. where I play, this is how it's done to catch cheaters, to learn their tricks... and FS policy means all of my community are now what - cheaters?

Don't "more excuses" me: In the end the game is theirs, computer is mine. If I happen to install a cheat and immediately delete it after one offline use - I get banned anyway despite not using it online? Morality detector: this is not fair. In the end: yes, mind police. Over the boundary in this scenario, FS!

If you read the thread, you'd know that it has been stated that with the method used ONLY cheaters got banned who used a cheat ONLINE (and on a server with activated auth).

All I am saying: there were legit reasons (sometimes, others cheat, off course). There were cheaters, still are, do catch them, please. Cannot differentiate them? Start afresh and with strict AC implementation in the next version. So that the rules are set and clear... then there can be no excuse.

Legit reasons to cheat on servers? Tell me more about that.

Nevermind the cheaters (I still feel everyone should have a chance to start afresh if FS decides to set such rules), I am talking about admins here. You've gotta trust someone: or at least set the rules for the future, not today and implement them for the past (retroactive implementation is not fair).

If your AC is really 100%, such strict ex tunc (retroactive) actions are not needded - you will cacth them on the next connection. Why have you done so? Conclusion: it is not 100%. If it's not: I honestly believe you've made at least one mistake.

The rules were set before this AC was online, so it is no retroactive punishment at all. Or was it ever allowed to modify the game and use cheats? I don't think so.
It's just that there is a new method of busting cheaters now and if you read the thread, you'd know that it was only possible to catch that many cheaters because nobody knew about AC beforehand. Because if that had been the case, hackers would've had the possibilities to "hide" the traces of their cheats.

The "if you've done nothing wrong, you should not fear it (you will not be affected)" is absolutely wrong. What woul dhappen if this was the moto in legislative proceedings? Remember the Nazis (or mind police)? Just sayin', no offence intended.

And what is the thing with people finding analogies to Hitler? The nazi-regime is in no way related to a simple AC implementation.

#274 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

Did someone really just use the excuse that there's legit reasons to cheat? pls go an hero.

#275 User is offline   coreapollo Icon

• Account: coreapollo

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

Gentlemen,

I am not the owner of the truth and I'm also not on the published list. I just think that due to various uptades and server hacked, I think you FS dropped a bombshell on some innocent people revolted.

Hopefully FS rethink very carefully before making serious accusations with so many flaws and insecurities by the FS.

This is my opinion ..... rethink..

Last time I manifest here in the forum.

Success for FS !

Best Regards,

CORE|Apollo

This post has been edited by coreapollo: 20 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#276 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

I think you people are just making excuses because this data is a lot older than the 2.5 days from their source getting stolen to the release of cheaters. byebye you wont be missed.

#277 User is offline   Bedna Icon

• Account: bedna

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Other AC published media as screenshot etc. Please publish media with cheaters.

#278 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

Boy do I wish this had been in place quietly running during the last few seasons of FTW. And whatever the reasons behind the source code thieves, here's my message to you for letting the cat out of the bag -- eat a pump action flesh pistol.

This is so much fun to watch people get twisted and be in denial about their super awesome pals they know would never cheat. I mean it's always obvious who's going to circumvent rules and such. It's why there are no crimes -- we know people are going to do them beforehand and arrest them to prevent it, right? ROFL, GTFO.

#279 User is offline   marri Icon

• Account: marri
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostRaideR, on 19 August 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

[text]news 425[/text]

OMG RaZoR2012 - cheater?!Never was cheater! And i'm fully confident in the integrity and fairness of this guy! Where is the demo? Where is the evidence?

#280 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

^^ LOL here we go again, where's the evidence? On his computer.

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942