• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let's Frag! Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   docDude Icon

• Account: docdude
  • Main tag: =jF=

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

Played like 40 minutes of this now, so take everything with a grain of salt as I can change my mind when I play some more..

LR/M4: I kinda like the idea of controllable recoil/spray, I'm not sure if I like the way it's implemented, though. Imho the crosshair moves too much... I don't know if that's the only possible way to code something like that in UrT, but I like the CS approach more, where the crosshair basically (I know it moves a bit) stays in the center of you screen and only the bullets move upwards. The most annoying thing about all that is the first shot, though.. The crosshair starts moving up with the first shot. In my opinion the first 1-2/3 shots shouldn't move the crosshair at all (Up/down movements are much harder to compensate than left/right movements imho).

DE: Sprays in a straight line now.. If you put your crosshair in the center of somebody, keep it there and press Mouse1 2, 3 times.. he's basically dead.

AK: Still kinda useless

SR8: It's gonna be annoying getting shot by sliding SR8s, but I guess it needs some kind of buff

Spas: I actually managed to kill people with the spas now, something changed.. not sure what exactly, though

Will update when I play some more

This post has been edited by docDude: 10 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

My ambition is handicapped by my laziness.

#12 User is offline   hhhayato Icon

• Account: hhhayato

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

just said everything I was going to say /\

#13 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

The DE is way too accurate for sure.
Feels like a Beretta with the highest possible damage. No good.

edit:
from the other thread

Something feels extremely off to me, and it took a jaunt to a highping server to figure it out:
Recoil doesn't happen at the moment I click fire and hear the FIRE sound.
Recoil happens at the moment of HIT, and the HITSOUND is played.

I am experiencing recoil at my PING not at my mouse and I may be able to get used to it, but right now it's nerve-wracking.

I have to shoot below my target. Predict how much recoil the shots will actually have had and aim that much lower.
I aim for all headshots and my accuracy was cut in half right away. Aiming for the sternum puts me right where I want to be.

This post has been edited by beautifulNihilist: 10 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

#14 User is offline   mvt Icon

• Account: mvt
  • Main tag:

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostDavo, on 10 February 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

I appreciate all the work FS put into this game. But NO, plz NO. There is NOTHING wrong with the current game except a few odd bugs here and there which you are already working on. Please don't implement this.

+1

#15 User is offline   fragnetic Icon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostDavo, on 10 February 2014 - 12:28 AM, said:

I appreciate all the work FS put into this game. But NO, plz NO. There is NOTHING wrong with the current game except a few odd bugs here and there which you are already working on. Please don't implement this.

Initial feedback:
Could not agree more. This is a dramatic change to a core game mechanic that is already rock solid. In fact, it's so well built that it's competitively viable at pings upwards of 200. That's pretty impressive.

I appreciate the time that has gone into building and testing this idea, but it's simply a change that doesn't need to happen.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   bloodlock Icon

• Account: bloodlock

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:24 AM

did a x1 with another guy today... someone said AK is useless... but I think it's overpowered now... :P

I'm just curious how "rate", "cl_maxpackets" and other connection settings will affect the game now...

This post has been edited by bloodlock: 10 February 2014 - 05:26 AM

there is no knowledge that is not power...

#17 User is offline   Blake Icon

• Account: blake

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

I didn't like this at all I'm afraid. It is WAY too dramatic of a change in my opinion. Personally, I never thought that there was anything wrong with the current system as it is, and if you did go ahead with this change, you would most likely lose me and many other players altogether.

Lowering the recoil/spread is not a good idea. A big factor in what sets the great players apart from the rest is trigger control. The automatics could be sprayed way too much over long range and the deagle was just ridiculous to be honest.

Sorry, I am not in support of this change.

#18 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

ping plays into effect too much now, it's seriously ridiculous with 100+ ping difference.
.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#19 User is offline   bloodlock Icon

• Account: bloodlock

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

well... at last what p5ycorunn3r promised is true... If the crosshair is above the target... the hit lands where it is supposed to land... no more unhit b.s. :ph34r:

This post has been edited by bloodlock: 10 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

there is no knowledge that is not power...

#20 User is offline   Davo Icon

• Account: davo

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

View Postbloodlock, on 10 February 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

no more unhit b.s. :ph34r:

As pointed out by Blake, perhaps you should control your trigger and actually aim instead of just having a big whinge and blaming the game! It's you, not the game. Leave it the way it is, it's perfect

This post has been edited by Davo: 10 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942