• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let's Frag! Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   hieronymuz Icon

• Account: hieronymuz

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

Really excited to see this new system develop, played like 2 hours today. It was weird at first, but I'm slowly getting used to it. I don't think people should be so defensive about it simply because it is new, though I guess people are always going to complain (see all the drama when 4.2 was released). Especially in this community change seems to be met with lots of negative responses.

Anyways, generally it feels like everyone is hitting better and accuracy only stays the same because people spray more. Really liking the CS approach. I know that in CS the crosshair stays in the center of the screen, but I don't think this difference is necessarily a bad thing. In my opinion it's as always a matter of simply getting used to it and I furthermore think the way it is currently implented is better after some getting used to it.

SR8 and G36 feel stronger in their respective roles now, which is a good thing. PSG seems to be actually strong now too. I'm a horrible sniper but I guess these changes were necessary to balance out these weapons.

Deagle seems a little too strong. I would increase the recoil on it.

LR and M4 have an initially weird but nice feeling to it now. I kind of prefer the M4 over the LR since my feeling tells me its recoil behaves differently, but I am most likely just imagining things.

AK still seems kind of useless, but I'm not sure. Maybe there are people who can use it with effectiveness. After all we are all used to using the LR and M4. My feeling tells me tho that the recoil is too high/rate of fire too low.

Negev was kind of fun, but the low damage still doesn't make up for the high rate of fire, I think.

Unfortunately didn't play the other weapons enough to give proper feedback on them.

I'm looking forward to this system getting implented after some adjustments, would also love to be able to play some pcws with this system to test it out in a more competitive environment (especially some CTF, I can imagine some position will have to change, i.e. attacking on TP pillars might prove even more difficult than before).

#22 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

There has been no changes to the PSG so far.

#23 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 10 February 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

There has been no changes to the PSG so far.

I tend to disagree. As far as I have changed, the PSG also had movement penalty and thus the PSG is now actually usable.

Also, for those people already complaining not to implement this, please note that !this is not the final version! and there will be a second stage beta test after the first stage of feedback has been gathered. :dry:
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#24 User is offline   fragnetic Icon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Psyco, I think we all understand this is a beta version. It's obviously been put up for testing, and we're giving feedback. We also appreciate that the feedback is being listened to.

There have been a number of strong objections raised to the current beta test.Many of these revolve around the fact that the hits in the game are completely fine.
Hear this: There's no reason to change anything.
It's frustrating to see a core game mechanic going under the knife. We're worried that you'll break something.

#25 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

People always object to change. We are not here to break things as you say it but to improve them. People got used to the old system by frenetically moving the cross-hair left and right hoping to hit.

We are listening to your comments and myself knowing the community, mostly people who object will post here. So I have to take everything with a pinch of salt.
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#26 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

View Postp5yc0runn3r, on 10 February 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

I tend to disagree. As far as I have changed, the PSG also had movement penalty and thus the PSG is now actually usable.

I know you've said that before, but this doesn't make sense to me.
I never experienced movement penalty with the PSG, and this can be tested with a skeetshoot map playing as the skeet. (skeetshoot2010 is the best)

With an SR8 there was significant penalty and the shots taken from the air to the players on the ground were extremely inaccurate.
With a PSG from the air, it is possible to score accurate, repeated, aimed headshots... Difficult, yes. But consistent and not random.

Was there simply no in air penalty? Was a movement penalty slipped in to a 4.2.x release and I missed it?

edit edit:

OH! it has way lower recoil now, it doesn't jump so wildly after each shot. It [the PSG] is quite a bit stronger, but gets wild after a spam.
It's not so much more accurate as it is much easier to control.

This post has been edited by beautifulNihilist: 10 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

#27 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

View Postfragnetic, on 10 February 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

It's frustrating to see a core game mechanic going under the knife. We're worried that you'll break something.

It was made a public beta because it is a core game mechanic, so I wouldn't worry over anything being implemented that isn't supported by the community.

#28 User is offline   Blake Icon

• Account: blake

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

View Postp5yc0runn3r, on 10 February 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

Also, for those people already complaining not to implement this, please note that !this is not the final version! and there will be a second stage beta test after the first stage of feedback has been gathered. :dry:

We absolutely understand that this is not the final version and we really appreciate the willingness to gather feedback from the players. The point we are trying to make is that our opinion will remain the same regardless of what further changes you make because our issue is not with how it is being implemented, but with why it is being implemented. We play this game because we love what it is and you are stepping on very thin ice by tampering with that.

Please don't take our negativity the wrong way. We say this because we want the best for this game.

This post has been edited by Blake: 10 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

#29 User is offline   Subzero663 Icon

• Account: subzero663

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

people crying on this new system is pathetic, they just do that cuz they aren't as good as in 4.2 (can't spray 30 bullets anymore or random hit).
yeasterday like some other people, I went test this at start it was hard obviously, after 2 complete maps (1 ctf 1 ts) I got used to it and liked it alot!

Sr8 buff is huge,I honestly would prefer if you guys would rollback, cuz being owned by snipers sliding etc is pathetic :/
in 4.2 (normal versions) sr8 is still usable it only depends on the player using it. Maybe the only change you should do to sr8 would be moving left-right and the accuracy not move that much or not move at all.. but while in mid-air or sliding or moving fast, jumping etc it would have the same accuracy as 4.2 which would create random shots but like it says, its random 1 in 10 :D

DE nerf: DE is sooooooooooo OP I guess im not the only one who noticed or am I? and its little bit buggy

colt: is almost unusable in beta

ak: what the hell OPzor

g3: for me its way better than in 4.2 but its still so freaking hard to kill someone after few bullets

Last but not least: the aim in spas shouldn't go down, in any other game it doesnt go down at all :P

keep doing a good job =)

#30 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostSubzero663, on 10 February 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

people crying on this new system is pathetic, they just do that cuz they aren't as good as in 4.2 (can't spray 30 bullets anymore or random hit).

That's really not true, everyone who has expressed reservations about this system so far are skilled players.

The beta will go a lot more smoothly if people are free to express their opinions, everyone's should be welcome.

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 10 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942