• Account: cas3

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

I'd like recoil patterns, thanks b゚ー゚)b

#72 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

everything seems decent IMO

However it's hard to say since nobody plays on the low ping servers, I've had to play on the high ping 150ms+ servers and they all have lag spikes continuously. (NO it is not my connection)

How do you expect a decent hits test when you can't even host a proper server?
.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#73 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

View PostNitro, on 10 February 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

with the crosshair now moving to new location each shot it creates a lot of screen shaking and long with names and people shooting back it is just too messy for my eyes.
It gives me a headache and makes me lose focus and concentration on my game play.

Thought I was going crazy. ^ This happened to me.

#74 User is offline   Davo Icon

• Account: davo

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

View Postp5yc0runn3r, on 10 February 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Should I point you to the many posts that are complaining about the hits? It needs a change as 10 years of frustration and high blood pressure are too much :cool:

This is a totally ridiculous argument... Have you ever thought that the majority of players in any FPS are the muppets at the bottom and middle of the skill section? It's these muppets that blame "bad hit recognition" (in EVERY GAME) as an excuse because they simply suck, ie they can't actually focus the crosshair on a player and control their trigger. I can guarantee you, you could code the best hit recognition system ever created and still have these muppets blaming the game, it's inherent in every FPS.

#75 User is offline   AemnAnsMaequia Icon

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

View Postbloodlock, on 10 February 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

any average player can reach the top mark with trainning... thats what differs the average player from the skilled one... training...
but when you wharp chains arround the skilled player to make a chance for the noobs... the skilled one will play another thing... because they don't want to loose time begin killed by noobs and their random hits...

The real skilled player, you know, the one that used to kill you with 2 or three shots, because he knew where an when to shoot, he's just going to adapt and evolve, and he's gonna keep being that, the pro. Those other "Good" players, that were effective, but just used to relay on a couple fast-learned techniques, are going to become "average" once more.

Anyway, what's wrong with noobs becoming more difficult to kill? It's in the nature of any videogame to become harder as you keep playing.

This post has been edited by AemnAnsMaequia: 11 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   LtStriker Icon

• Account: ltstriker

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

I know this is in the early stages, but I really don't see anything resembling an improvement. The bullet doesn't arrive to the target until about a half second after firing and then it is off target of the crosshair.

DE is far too powerful as well as the Spas. If you want a fair test then leave the hit strength the same during your testing rather than the illusion that things are better because you can kill with one hit of the DE.

The hits were really quite awesome early on in the first versions of 4.2. Your crosshairs had to be on a person to hit him. Things went south a few versions back. I suggest going back to using the earlier hit mesh in 4.2 that was working so well.

Thank you Frozen Sand for all of the other improvements and continued efforts to improve the game.

|30+|LtStriker

#78 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

I want to like this, but there is one major issue that makes things just too disorienting;
the delayed (by ping) recoil.

In 4.2.018 (and earlier) we shoot and "feel" the jump/recoil the moment we shoot, then see the wallmark/score-a-hit after the length of ping.
In this new beta, like I've said earlier, the gun kick is delayed to the length of ping like the hits.

In this state, I cannot endorse this as a positive change.
There are enough balance issue like the DE that when remedied I think will make this entire system a major improvement, but with ping-delayed gun-kick there are just too many factors out of sync to ensure consistency.
I want to replace random spread with physical recoil, but this feels much worse right now.

It's not a deal breaker for me, I could get used to it. I just see this as missing the intent of "what-you-see is what-you-hit" when there is an additional discrepancy between the two. Sync recoil to gunfire and it would tighten this whole plan down.

This post has been edited by beautifulNihilist: 11 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

#79 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 11 February 2014 - 12:39 AM, said:

There has been no code modifications as to the current server side hit mesh design since it was first implemented in 4.2.

He may be referring to the reduced spread that was in the early versions of 4.2.

#80 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ryuujin

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

We all have an ideal of the perfect UrT. This ideal differs per player and game developer. To awnser the question if I'm liking the new changes, I should enlighten my ideal UrT.

As a core team survivor / team deathmatch player the goal of this game is to frag the opponent. This can be achieved by several methods:

-Parkour, an icon of UrT. UrT is one of the pioniers in this. By using parkour you can move trough the urban map to gain advantage by positioning yourself on the right spot. Parkour can also be used to flank and rush your opponent. Or to save your allies and not to forget: run away from danger.

-Using your weapon to shoot the opponent. When it comes to this, I always thought of UrT as a game where you measure eachothers gunskills. Aiming, controling recoil and spread. There are several body parts: groin, legs, arms, foot, chest and head. Head being the most rewarding target but also the most difficult one to hit.

-The medkit has always played a central role in the teamplay of UrT. It forces players to communicate ingame to win. Over the time the most effective way to medic eachother during combat has developped.

-Map knowledge, a vague method achieved trough experience. I'll consider effective grenades and foe predictment under map knowledge. The magic knowledge that gives one player an advantage over an other that both have equal mechanic skills.

Now I've bold'd a few key elements that make the ideal UrT and make me love this game so much. Now to come to the feedback..

Spray and recoil in the beta are specific, removing the randomness and rewarding the gunskills. Being able to be truly accurate makes it worth again to practise hitting the head instead of spraying kevlar/groin like in the 4.x series. Bringing back the sr8 nodges up the need to have map knowledge to predict the opponent snipers or to use the sniper yourself. The amount of hits being dealt are dangerous at the moment forcing players to use their parkour skills to gain positioning advantage or to outflank the opponent.

I love it, just hoping for a few more changes like increasing grenade damage to balance it with the laser/medkit pick and slow down movement speed or decrease powerslide to get back that urban parkour feeling instead of 10 players in a monkey cage... boxxes, walls, edges, bins and whatever are hardly called obstacles these days with this amount of speed and height to be gained.
a thing of beauty is a joy

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942