• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let's Frag! Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Subzero663 Icon

• Account: subzero663

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

leaving the game how he is now, is pathetic vrederust (no offense) you are a skilled player, and u know that you can't even join a pub without leaving after a 3rd round, cuz u got owned by a guy spraying 30 bullets..

Thats one of the main reasons why I stopped playing urt at all and only play pcw's (and rarely), even you vrederust, you play in div1 , played last cups etc, you know how many times you got random bursts, and others 0 hits at all, and then you got owned by players that weren't even aiming at all / spraying!

its a huge change indeed, but its pretty easy to get used to it!

by the way, making this a CS style like a guy there was saying is pathetic, dont even try to!
keep up the good work :)

#62 User is offline   kenchu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: kenchu
  • Main tag: NED|

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

lol this current 4.2 is best version evah. Never had so many hits. You dont even know me so dont act like you do brah.

#63 User is offline   dolphin Icon

• Account: dolphin

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

Somehow the new changes make shooting feel more spammy and spray-and-pray-ish than before, despite the fact that spread is gone.
I thought the whole point was to improve that aspect.

It doesn't feel like urban terror anymore, it feels like some poorly constructed game from the early 90's. 4.1 and 4.2 both had perfect hits within reason (provided one had a reasonable ping and reasonable aim)

People got used to the old system by frenetically moving the cross-hair left and right hoping to hit.

thats only if they were holding down mouse1 permanently.

This post has been edited by dolphin: 10 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

#64 User is offline   jagdkampf Icon

• Account: jagdkampf

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

You certainly live a lot shorter with this new system :smile: .. i like it, but with the AK f.e feels like you suddenly get a high precision tool as long as you let go the mousebutton in time. if not, you'll soon be back to the crappy
impreciseness as it used to be in the regular 4.2 build. the spread transition is too rough IMHO. This could need some fine tuning. Other than that: I love the new sys. good work FS!

#65 User is offline   Davo Icon

• Account: davo

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

View PostSubzero663, on 10 February 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

people crying on this new system is pathetic, they just do that cuz they aren't as good as in 4.2

Dude, that doesn't even make sense.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   bloodlock Icon

• Account: bloodlock

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

negev needs a bit of tweaking... it gives precise hits even at distance... more than before... and yes, DE needs more recoil...
there is no knowledge that is not power...

#67 User is offline   szinyeimersepal Icon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

Well, my impression of this beta.

Autos are becoming overpowered. M4 is a tool for every situation, be it toe to toe, midrange, or unzooming sr8. DE is also troublesome, havent tried the otehr pistols yet.

sr8 is a lot harder to play. You really need to surprise the enemy, otherwise they will kill you with autos or pistols. There is simply not enough range on any maps for sr8 to have an edge.

Other than that, its awesome.

#68 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

my current personal issues with this new code are:

with the crosshair now moving to new location each shot it creates a lot of screen shaking and along with grenades and people shooting back it is just too messy for my eyes.
It gives me a headache and makes me lose focus and concentration on my game play.

skilled players like this a lot because their is no luck involved anymore, however for the average player (or below average like me lol) it makes the game even harder and more bias towards skilled players. This worries me that when new players join the game that difference in skill ratio between new players and old players will be even further apart (instead of closer - which is what we want).

hope those points help you out p5yc0runn3r - I really did enjoy working with you originally on the testing. However with my current issues I cannot enjoy the new hit code which *IS* better just has different side effects for me atleast :(
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#69 User is offline   AemnAnsMaequia Icon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

well, my first impression is: OK, NOW i get hits when aiming. A lot of times, I found myself trying to understand why, standing still and even if i was targeting a non-moving player, and knowing the aim was just where it should be, i missed the shot. I don't play in groups, and most of the time I don't talk with other players, so never had a technique discussion with anybody: reading this thread, I just realized there's some "moving left-to-right" technique to get hits. So, That makes me think that a change which makes that no longer work, is going to upset the older "GOOD" players, the ones that know the tricks. The game is getting better and better, and if that means learn new tricks, well, so be it.

But there's something I know for sure: If a developer asks for your opinion on a new feature, "Please, don't do this because i don't like it"... that's not feedback, that's not an opinion, that's plain bitching.

#70 User is offline   bloodlock Icon

• Account: bloodlock

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

any average player can reach the top mark with trainning... thats what differs the average player from the skilled one... training...
but when you wharp chains arround the skilled player to make a chance for the noobs... the skilled one will play another thing... because they don't want to loose time begin killed by noobs and their random hits...
there is no knowledge that is not power...

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942