• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Casa and Algiers CTF

#1 Guest_Anonymous

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:13 AM

Casa
Funny how many times it's been updated but i think it's a good thing anyways I must say when you move the flags you usually make one side more difficult.

Red is perfect flag placement

Blue on the other hand is harder to get out of the area thus making it really really difficult to get into the flag area.

Couple suggestions would be move the blue flag up to the exit of the area
and even make the exit a little smaller.

Algiers
Great to see they moved the red flag up but i'm disappointed that they kept the blue flag back towards the spawn

Simple change is just to move the blue flag back where it was back in 3.0 etc so that both teams have the strafe jump out with the flag i think it would be perfect like that

I think the respawns of all leagues should be changed by the time you kill someone they respawn yes i know it's up to the league admins
Wave Respawn
wave respawn averages to be half the time I think would be more interesting
Rommel 28 sec
Algiers 20 sec
P-grounds 21 sec
ut_subway2 30 seconds

#2 User is offline   forever (old) Icon

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:22 AM

I think the wors flag placement is on the ut_uptown (blue flag) while the red is practically untouchable.
The reds have to just lern strafe+sprint+jump from the building to the blue flag area which is quite easy - then nobody can stop such player. On the othe r hand already it is difficult to get into red flag area... so - the most fucked map for CTF is ut_uptown (IMHO)

The same shit is with respawns on this map on TDM... it seems there is something wrong as well...

#3 User is offline   Kennypumpa (old) Icon

• LocationNorrkoping, Sweden

Posted 19 April 2004 - 03:18 PM

lol, if I had to sit and wait for 27 secs for respawn on Rommel and I would go nuts, thats two caps against a skilled team...

No good idea if u ask me.

#5 User is offline   dead (old) Icon

• LocationItaly

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:24 PM

I think the wors flag placement is on the ut_uptown (blue flag) ...
The reds have to just lern strafe+sprint+jump from the building to the blue flag area which is quite easy - then nobody can stop such player. ...

just a silenced G36 crouched on the small roof (this one over the lift room) can help a lot. I stopped at least 15 reds during a match yesterday

Camper rulez!

#6 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

I really do think that it would work well if the casa blue flag was in the room with the oil tank bomb site, or the corridor between there and the current flag room. It seems to me that it would open the map a lot more.

#7 Guest_Anonymous

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:05 AM

yes moving it right more towars that tankroom would make more of the map useful

ut_rommel waverespawn averages half of what it actually is so it's usually 14 seconds and in some cases you could even spawn right after you die

#8 User is offline   Kennypumpa (old) Icon

• LocationNorrkoping, Sweden

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:16 AM

ut_rommel waverespawn averages half of what it actually is so it's usually 14 seconds and in some cases you could even spawn right after you die

Yes average, but when u have to wait for 27 sec its gonna suck....

#9 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:33 AM

30 secs respawn????? :D You should hear me curse when i die exactly with the maximume time left to respawn (15 secs is wave respawn timer on most servers I play on) 30 secs???? my poor neighbours... I can kill em all in that time ;)

#10 User is offline   forever (old) Icon

Posted 20 April 2004 - 11:14 AM

I think the wors flag placement is on the ut_uptown (blue flag) ...
The reds have to just lern strafe+sprint+jump from the building to the blue flag area which is quite easy - then nobody can stop such player. ...

just a silenced G36 crouched on the small roof (this one over the lift room) can help a lot. I stopped at least 15 reds during a match yesterday

Camper rulez!

woow... I really didn't think about it!! good idea... however still - access to the blue flag is much easier than to the red one... :(

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942