• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uptown HD

Changes you'd like to see

#11 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:04 AM

Maybe a slightly futuristic city theme - Bladerunneresque.

#13 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:14 AM

I Think it should stay modern, Here is a new idea that i came up with:

A Mall
I know it may be a long shot but i felt like the map could need some more indoors, Plus become a little bit bigger.
Also this would make more sense to why there would be a garage located there on the map.

Here is an album on how it could look (Yes my PS skillz is amazing ;D)
Click Here

This is how it could look inside: Click Here

This would also bring more life to the whole "UPTOWN" feel, since now it does not really feel like very uptown to me :P

//Swiiitan
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#14 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:24 AM

make the large roof between garage and laundro accessible again and the small roof on top of the garage accessible with a highly skilled jump and not the impossible jump required to get up there without help.

make the garden/diner area more like a high class restaurant

What about redoing the classic map streets?

More high spots in maps that require teammates to help would be interesting for competitive play.

I'm sure there will be more ideas as the new imagining is developed.
.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Sorry for spamming but here is some sketches on how my mall idea could look like:Click Here :)
I might think that having like an tunnel/hallway going from: Laundromat backstreet to: Garage Entrance street. would also be an idea. But to prevent sniping we would need Doors.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by JustMe...: 06 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#17 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostMuffie, on 06 May 2014 - 04:24 AM, said:

the small roof on top of the garage accessible with a highly skilled jump and not the impossible jump required to get up there without help.
It is possible with a highly skilled jump c;

http://youtu.be/NV5LvgtiRCQ?t=8m42s Start from 8:42 if the link doesn't do it.

#18 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

That is exaclty the jump he was talking about, its not viable at all for normal gameplay.

#19 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

I always feel that red team has a slight advantage when it comes to flag caps. for blue, their flag is kind of hidden off to the side, whereas for red team, it is right in front of their spawn making it harder to take. Not to mention that red can take blues flag and get into garage in like 2 seconds, where blue has to take flag, and jump down to street, or run through hotel, both are quite active areas. Also, in terms of spawncamping, it is much easier for red to camp blue because there are 2 windows to shoot at blue spawn from and also from the top of garage.

All this is for CTF, there could be things I say that could unbalance it for TS or bomb.

#20 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:55 AM

View PostYAY5637, on 06 May 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

That is exaclty the jump he was talking about, its not viable at all for normal gameplay.

Oh i thought he meant it was impossible to get there without help. It is a highly skilled jump, to say it's impossible is wrong because if it was it wouldn't have been done..

Let's not forget that when HD comes out, the general player skill can be higher than it currently is. What is "normal" now, is maybe different then. Another thing to keep in mind is that UrT may see the addition of more advanced movement, possibly creating new and easier ways to get up there.

View Posttupp, on 07 May 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

where blue has to take flag, and jump down to street, or run through hotel, both are quite active areas.
I know 2 effective jumps that let's me cap in 6/7 seconds, the fastest i can cap on red is 11. If we are excluding jumping as part of the gameplay then yes, red has the advantage. Jumping is a part of the gameplay and due to jump mode and it's rise in popularity, we can expect that it is something most players will learn.

This post has been edited by Fredrik: 07 May 2014 - 03:24 AM

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942