Uptown HD

Changes you'd like to see

#21 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:53 PM

View PostFredrik, on 06 May 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

It is possible with a highly skilled jump c;

http://youtu.be/NV5LvgtiRCQ?t=8m42s Start from 8:42 if the link doesn't do it.

No that is about 99% impossible to do.

View PostHappyday, on 06 May 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

That sounds like a big game-changing alteration to me that makes it easy to spawn camp from the roof. Why would you make that accessible?

It's quite easily accessible from both sides.

Also for spawns, instead of climbing down the ladders to get to lower exits make some spawn on the lower floor too. it's kind of campy when everyone is coming out of the 2 top doors on both spawns anyways.

This post has been edited by Muffie: 07 May 2014 - 11:56 PM

.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#22 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

People have mentioned making the map bigger, and improving routes. This is achievable. But it would be better to keep an original styled version of Uptown for everyone who loves the original layout. That should be Happys primary goal. Maybe tweak things like the annoying non ledge issue, that 4.2 created, and any other minor gameplay related issues.

At the same time, nothing is stopping Happy from creating a larger version, with more of a ricochet feel to it, with malls and high rise buildings. After all Abbey has a CTF version which is larger than the original, and as such a CTF/Bomb version of Uptown could also be created that was bigger and better suited to those gametypes. The sky is the limit on a modern engine.

With the new engine, im guessing a lot of the older limitations will no longer be a problem, and making things much bigger should no longer severely impact framerate, especially since this engine should be able to take full advantage of Nvidia and AMD's high range GPUs and deliver a great graphical experience at a decent frame rate.

#23 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostV00d00, on 11 May 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

People have mentioned making the map bigger, and improving routes. This is achievable. But it would be better to keep an original styled version of Uptown for everyone who loves the original layout. That should be Happys primary goal. Maybe tweak things like the annoying non ledge issue, that 4.2 created, and any other minor gameplay related issues.
I agree! Maybe even making two versions and calling one: Uptown Classic? and the other one like: Uptown HD?

At the same time, nothing is stopping Happy from creating a larger version, with more of a ricochet feel to it, with malls and high rise buildings.
Exactly! I think that what Urban Terror lack right now is good, large TDM maps. I believe in order to get more players we need to make the game more enjoyable for casual players, who can later on become more competitive and pro'ish after getting more into it :D
This game is currently very hard to get into as a beginner and i believe people leave the game without even knowing the great things about it.

With the new engine, im guessing a lot of the older limitations will no longer be a problem, and making things much bigger should no longer severely impact framerate, especially since this engine should be able to take full advantage of Nvidia and AMD's high range GPUs and deliver a great graphical experience at a decent frame rate.
Ye i can't wait to see how great looking this game will become and if the devs know what they are doing i see a great future for UrT HD (:
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#24 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

i think the only big problem with uptown was the spawn in bomb and TS, it would be great if they could be changed. Even if they are changed to the CTF spawns and the bomb site locations are changed slightly.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:26 AM

I always thought docks and uptown were related, docks use to have a billboard relating to uptown
.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#27 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:29 AM

I think blue team has more ladders than red team and the ladders on red team aren't really even that helpful since there are faster ways to climb up most places.

With blue, the ladders by the laundromat are kinda necessary, but kind of bad at the same time because it's the only way to get to the top without doing fancy walljumps and stuff or going round the long way.

I think maybe having the laundromat ladder be replaced by stairs start going down by the laundro sliding door down into the back alley or by the dumpster.

#28 User is offline   Warlord33 Icon

• Account: warlord33

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

I Love Uptown from 4.1, and (as I am new to 4.2) I still quite like it in 4.2.

One thing I would like to ask for, is to make the buildings real so you can go in and over them.

Also, (I think this has been mentioned) When I first started playing UrT, One of my first MP games was on Uptown, and there was a wall at the S.W.A.T team(/blue team) spawn that was really good, and it provided cover and also made it easier to get to the window opposite. Later on, This wall wasnt in the maps. Can you add this again please?

Thanks,
Warlord33

#29 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostWarlord33, on 13 May 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

Also, (I think this has been mentioned) When I first started playing UrT, One of my first MP games was on Uptown, and there was a wall at the S.W.A.T team(/blue team) spawn that was really good, and it provided cover and also made it easier to get to the window opposite. Later on, This wall wasnt in the maps. Can you add this again please?

Try Uptown in CTF mode Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 User is offline   Orbit Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: orbit

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostFenix, on 19 May 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Try Uptown in CTF mode Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Really?

Posted Image

versus 4.1

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Orbit: 19 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942