• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So what do you want to see?

#71 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

seems like we will get the freeze mode thingy

more importantly:
will there be another ban list?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#72 User is offline   scylk Icon

• Account: scylk

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostLtStriker, on 28 August 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

I like this idea of making URT more accessible to noobs. No pun intended. I would gladly put up a noober server so that we can increase our base if I knew they would not get beaten down from players who just want noob target practice.

I would suggest combining the Auth system to take note of new players hours played or some such measurement in experience and have servers setup for these players only so if a seasoned pro wanted to connect to a Newbie server for fodder killing, he could not, based on his skill level. Noobs would be safe to develop at the same pace, rather than get slaughtered by the veterans of the game, and then just rage quit the game entirely.

The perverse effect of such a system is that it could slow down the skill development of new players.
I remember that I could improve pretty fast when I began UrT because in team survivor I could spec skilled players when I was dead. And this is especially true for UrT because in this game you need to learn how to move !
So I think this can be a good idea, but only if there are not more than 2 or 3 skill levels.

Another thing is that it may be more difficult for a new player to play with the friend of his who recommended him UrT. :p

#73 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

so 4.2.019? this sunday? hurray huarray or will there be another delay?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#75 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

View Postscylk, on 11 September 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

The perverse effect of such a system is that it could slow down the skill development of new players.
I remember that I could improve pretty fast when I began UrT because in team survivor I could spec skilled players when I was dead. And this is especially true for UrT because in this game you need to learn how to move !

This is true. Hard training = faster improvement. Take Guitar Hero for example, the quickest way to get to expert would be to take the tutorial, play one easy map to get the hang of the controls then select an expert map and replay it until beaten. For most this is tedious and boring, they feel like they have played the map "forever" only after 20 retries then give up.

Serious gamers know this tho, so there will be some new players who takes the hard way.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   300medic Icon

• Account: 300medic

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:45 AM

This is probably something that has been suggested before, but, I was visiting last night FSK405's site, and while browsing it I found something that reminded me of Unreal Tournament, the ability to have a team deathmatch with 4 teams instead of just 2.

It was also done in Quake2, saw once a Quake Pong map for 4 teams, but instead of Pong, (and btw, making a Pong mod would be a change as well), make it like a Flag Fight (like in Operation Flashpoint's) but with those 4 teams, one flag, 4 possible destinations.

It could probably be a good idea just to use a poll to see what the community wants (without deviating from what is expected generally of UrT).

My $0.02
|300+|MEDIC|

#77 User is offline   300medic Icon

• Account: 300medic

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:51 AM

View PostFredrik, on 13 September 2014 - 10:22 PM, said:

This is true. Hard training = faster improvement. Take Guitar Hero for example, the quickest way to get to expert would be to take the tutorial, play one easy map to get the hang of the controls then select an expert map and replay it until beaten. For most this is tedious and boring, they feel like they have played the map "forever" only after 20 retries then give up.

Serious gamers know this tho, so there will be some new players who takes the hard way.

I consider myself a mediocre at best player :) and this is totally true. I remember my first day, was 1 kill and 20 deaths. Couldnt understand how people moved so fast, or how they wall jumped and such, untill I found those jump servers, and actually spending time learning how to jump from this to there, that helped me develop my skills further. However, what actually helped me raise my skill level (to mediocre remember) was to play in the kickassctf server :)
|300+|MEDIC|

#78 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

View Post300medic, on 17 September 2014 - 03:51 AM, said:

I consider myself a mediocre at best player

Why don't you consider yourself the best. That's what i'm doing since six years.

Nobody beats me.

noobs.

#80 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

Any new content for UE4 HD yet?
Any possible alpha tdm shooter?

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942