• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.3 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#51 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:55 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 January 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

I don't get any drag I just get 125FPS when a server is empty, but 60, sometimes as low as 45; when people are there.

Battlefield 4 has projectiles, dynamic explosions, vehicles... SO much more going on, and not a dip in FPS.

It's also not just a single machine doing this. I have yet to try a computer that does not drop FPS in Urban Terror since 4.2.8 (or so) once players are on the field.
Many computers, high and low end.
I can't be the only one.

I have experienced a drag kind of feeling on some machines, where it says 60+fps but plays like 20. This is far less common, and I haven't found this in a while, at least with any of my machines.
This seems like what Frankie posted earlier about micro-stuttering.

4.1 ALSO has a dip in FPS, but only from 125 to 80 or so, and only on 30+ player servers.

well, it's not micro stuttering, it's dragging and it's good to hear that does not happen on my machine exclusively..

i agree that 4.1 had its performance issues as well but it was not as bad as it is in 4.2 ..

the sad thing is that this has been discussed quite often but fs is not capable of fixing this issue..

if i remember correctly what they said was that they simply don't know where to look for the problem/ the solution

we need mitsubishi to make a comeback :)

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 09 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#52 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 04 January 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

Rumor control here.

Animations will never go back to how they were in 4.1.

Reason 8: I'll never touch MD3 player model animations ever again...period.

Why won't you touch MD3?
IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#53 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

View Postdynomite33, on 09 January 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

Why won't you touch MD3?

you could ask google: site:urbanterror.info md3 frankie

or you could just read up here: http://www.urbanterr...ck-to-41-style/
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#54 User is offline   Hypperz Icon

• Account: hypperz
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

I am truly sorry if this just comes off as me being an ungrateful sod for a free product, and I'm sure it does to the majority.
But I just can't see this, yet another update to the current version as we know it, as nothing more than a slap in the face.
I just want to be able to play UrT, with people, with less than 400 ping. And that won't ever be possible again unless HD sees a release.

I will always admit this, though. Playing Urban Terror is still the most fun I've EVER had in a video game, and that really does say something about the brilliance of you guys. However it's been so long since I was able to play in anything even remotely friendly to my timezone, that it's now just nostalgia.

This post has been edited by Hypperz: 10 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

#55 User is offline   Bavon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: bavon

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostHypperz, on 10 January 2015 - 09:27 PM, said:

I just want to be able to play UrT, with people, with less than 400 ping. And that won't ever be possible again unless HD sees a release.

I will always admit this, though. Playing Urban Terror is still the most fun I've EVER had in a video game, and that really does say something about the brilliance of you guys. However it's been so long since I was able to play in anything even remotely friendly to my timezone, that it's now just nostalgia.

I understand completely, I find the lowest ping i can get nowadays is 210, but come night time all those servers are empty
I make songs about Urban Terror..... Bavons Youtube
https://bavon.org

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

We used to have the local games but I think interest in it died when Tricky went afk. The EH servers seem to be around but not updated for a while, and I don't think Danny is playing any more so I don't really want to pester him about it. If someone puts up a server for 4.2, we could always try running them again.

#57 User is offline   Dabidoo Icon

• Account: dabidoo
  • Main tag: =-KMA-=

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostBavon, on 11 January 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

I understand completely, I find the lowest ping i can get nowadays is 210, but come night time all those servers are empty

There are a couple of CTF servers, CTF-East and Fallin-Angels, that always have players. 250 ping, but it's not too bad.

I'd run a server if any aussies would actually show up, but we all know that will never happen.

#58 User is offline   Bavon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: bavon

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostDabidoo, on 11 January 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

There are a couple of CTF servers, CTF-East and Fallin-Angels, that always have players. 250 ping, but it's not too bad.

I can't even join CTF-East because it's a low ping only server, and I'm not a big fan of FA, I constantly get insanely large lag spikes when I join.
There are only a few playable servers for me, mainly 6th servers and Casual Cruelty

Hopefully with 4.3 the new game mode Gun Game will get people back into it :) Be sure to spread the word, 4.3 will be the Aussies Revival!!!!!!!
I make songs about Urban Terror..... Bavons Youtube
https://bavon.org

#59 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:34 PM

ALright it leaked , so what ? I mean why there is the need of 4.3. after HD is coming soon ?
ALso you all really dislike working with the old engine , yes ?

& why there is '' gungame '' mode ?! Because some fools claimed they want it ?
Like they really know what they want . What is really needed & they want is specific-weapon-dedicated mode with some submodes - pistols only , spases only & etc .

& at least to me sounds like less programming than addition of the so called ''gungame'' , correct me if I am wrong .
It is good from time to time you people to take your time put a bit of a thought how the things should work & even might save a bit of time .

I don't see the point of adding Benelli & Magnum before HD .
And you know right now low mag , semi auto or slower guns are penalized ...
So there will be no new weapon types addition in HD ?!

#60 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostTxc, on 12 January 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

ALright it leaked , so what ? I mean why there is the need of 4.3. after HD is coming soon ?
ALso you all really dislike working with the old engine , yes ?

& why there is '' gungame '' mode ?! Because some fools claimed they want it ?
Like they really know what they want . What is really needed & they want is specific-weapon-dedicated mode with some submodes - pistols only , spases only & etc .

& at least to me sounds like less programming than addition of the so called ''gungame'' , correct me if I am wrong .
It is good from time to time you people to take your time put a bit of a thought how the things should work & even might save a bit of time .

I don't see the point of adding Benelli & Magnum before HD .
And you know right now low mag , semi auto or slower guns are penalized ...
So there will be no new weapon types addition in HD ?!

You still don't understand UrT HD is being made in UnrealEngine 4 now do you?
It's not coming out SOON, it's barely started on...
These models, these guns are low poly models and would not fit UrT HD because they look too shitty, because UrT HD will truly be HD and not some 2004'ish looking game they first intended it to be (The HD Alpha).
All these features they are releasing in 4.3 is the leftovers of the old HD (things that was part of the HD Alpha) and would otherwise be thrown away.
So stop #*tching and get the facts instead..
And maybe one day if you are lucky they will put their time into making your beloved "specific-weapon-dedicated mode", maybe..

This post has been edited by JustMe...: 12 January 2015 - 10:47 PM

Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942