• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A few Screenshots Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:07 AM

Yup, gotta side with INVIS when it comes to giving credit or respecting the author's original work. Some just do not understand, nor do some care, which is sad.

As for the map, can't say much about it until there is something playable. It's a dark map, which most gamers tend to shy away from or turn up the gamma to make night into day. If the level plays well (lots of straight away, as Hybrid said) without snipers dominating and the layout is strong for overall gameplay, then it could see some time in map rotations. As for the textures, eh, not some of the best to be honest. Then again, as gamers say all the time, they don't care what a map looks like, only how it plays.

#42 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:21 PM

The realistic texture pack site has a whole page dedicated to giving credit. All contributors are listed and linked.

I agree with |NV|S, too. The textures need dirtying up. I see this with most maps. You could use decals to add dirt and graffiti, etc. If you add some verticality make sure it's balanced and not just on one side of the map.

Links are not enough, he gave a blanket disclaimer......but that doesnt cover redistribution, most of his textures are freely redistibutable and a few wernt. Its nitpicky, but like I said....Credit the author specifically in your readme. I found a few things I made specifically for Urban Terror in another Mod (whom I wont name here, I dont want to give them even one second of fame) And they obviously didnt read the part in my readme that said "Anyone using any models, textures, or
other Items from this map made my me will be punished by the DMCA to full extent
of the law....then I will drive to your house and eat your young!!"

#43 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:25 PM

By the way...love the graffiti its a good touch

#44 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:45 AM

I seem to recall some other mapper doing grafitti and almost getting shot in the Crenshaw District getting those pictures...lol

#45 User is offline   Stu (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2005 - 06:58 AM

hey small boxes in a big box....maps like that are no longer in, i think some mappers need to step up the creativity, look at subway2 or casa or even crenshaw all greeat examples or top notch maps.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:35 AM

I seem to recall some other mapper doing grafitti and almost getting shot in the Crenshaw District getting those pictures...lol

I take my level design serious enough to risk my life for reference shots. :)

The one good thing about the game Im working on now, which is all about Graffiti....Is that I dont have to risk my life to get it any more. This time I let the graffiti artists come to me.

#47 User is offline   Stu (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:31 AM

you seem to be one of the few who taking mapping serious invis, too bad others cannot take their that serious, then again you do get paid in your other job....

#48 Guest_Sage

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:43 PM

Must admit ive had a few strange looks , especially when taking pictures of brickwork.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 User is offline   Stu (old) Icon

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:23 AM

sorry but i hope it plays better than it looks

#50 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:51 AM

You're gonna have to start messing with the textures in PaintShopPro, Photoshop to make them look more appropriate, as they don't feel right being clean in most places and then having graffiti on the sides.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942