A few Screenshots Rate Topic: -----

#21 Guest_Sage

Posted 18 March 2005 - 11:27 PM

Wheeeeeee :D

email sent.

#22 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:22 AM

I was talking about the texture pak, the person distributing that pak that was linked in this thread didnt give the makers of MAX PAYNE any credit for redistribution. As for your level, I couldn't give an airborne sh*t about it one way or another to be honest, so the person that said im hating on you because I feel threatened at the level of quality from a newcomer.....please dont make me laugh.

As for my being a D*CK...well LT1 would be correct, I do have a tendancy to take a big juicy gulp of HATERAIDE when I see something that bothers me, and someone not giving credit to other peoples hard work...that bothers me.

#23 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:38 AM

Well, s/he releases *some* information about them:

Also, thanks to all texture creators, you will find all my sources here.

http://www.planetqua...ks.htm#textures

However..

Disclaimer : Some images found in this archive were not created by me. These images were obtained from a number of sources on the Internet that labeled them as "freely distributable". Some of the authors of these graphics may not approve if the graphics are used commercially.

.. which makes me think his work of making the pack is indeed, not very professional.

A solution to this would be mappers to check and double check the source of individual textures to avoid any legal issues.

#24 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:06 AM

My intention was never to hi-jack this thread, but when someone gives out a link like that, I have to say something. Give credit where credit is due. I would hope that you 3rd party level designers are adhering to the wishes of the original creaters of the content.

I think we all learned about this stuff a few years back when the CounterStrike community ripped off ut_casa. Remember how Irate we all were? Same goes when you guys PORT old SID levels and redistibute them when you were asked not to.

As for this guys level, like I said I dont care, it wasnt directed at him. Sorry I ruined your Black Panther Party.

#25 Guest_Sage

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:58 AM

The urban Postman need one of these: Thanks for some excellent work Lt1 :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:16 AM

Looking good. Keep it up. :)

#27 Guest_PB

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:17 AM

Nice friendly community in this mod. :shock:

Don’t mind Invis. He just speaks his mind and points out the obvious.

I think you have a nice start there. At least you’re putting forth the effort and people like LT1 are willing to help you out here. What more can you ask for?

#28 User is offline   Eisenhover (old) Icon

• LocationThe Kingdom of Sweden

Posted 01 April 2005 - 04:09 PM

Sage:

I believe he is talkinga bout BerneyBoy's Photorealistic Texture Pack. Not your map's textures. :)

I dunno 'bout your map. Dark maps = a big NO NO in my book. I doesnt matter if it plays well.... it will never get popular. :/

#29 Guest_Sage

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:26 PM

Nice friendly community in this mod. :shock:

Don’t mind Invis. He just speaks his mind and points out the obvious.

I think you have a nice start there. At least you’re putting forth the effort and people like LT1 are willing to help you out here. What more can you ask for?

I agree Lt1 is a gem for mappers. Just seemed alittle odd how some "other" ppl reacted.

Back to the texure packs... Ive now replaced 98% of the textures in the map with my own hand made textures, thats why I have been pretty quiet over the last 4 days ... My digi camera has been working overtime, plus Ive learnt alot about how photoshop works :) . I will try and get a few screenies put together tonight so you can have a gander.
Rich

#30 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:03 AM

I agree Lt1 is a gem for mappers. Just seemed alittle odd how some "other" ppl reacted.

Nothing odd about it actually. And it wasn't even directed at you sport, or you're little map. Neither of which I could give an airborne shit about. Someone gave out a link in this thread to that lame ass's texture pack, and I called a spade a spade. I dont like it when people use this forum to promote jackass's who take others shit and redist without permission. I'd say thats a valid statement....If you dont....well, tough.

And if you think I'm bad, wait until the real assholes come out and just give you the obligitory "you're map sucks" without any rhyme or reason. I'd get a thick skin there Skippy because I'm boyscout compared to a lot of the Social misfits in this community. If you came here for "Atta-boys"....you're in the wrong place.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942