• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_dressingroom Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Snowball Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: snowball

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

Allright, I take that as a compliment, but like most map-makers I prefer to not give my .map file away. If you want, I can make some screenshots about it in Radiant?

Gr.

#12 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

Np not is necessary...look :D

Posted Image

This post has been edited by AnonDafb: 23 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

#13 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 22 January 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

No, I did not give permission for anyone to modify Dressingroom in this way. It is my map. It was included just as an example map so people could see how to do spawns, etc.

Hi bladekiller

This was rebuild pk3 file includes some botclips and bomb mode added now i dont know about any of the rules nowhere it states if it is legal or not therefore the post here this is what i have build http://wikisend.com/...t4_rebuild.pk3.

Have rebuild this map because for a long time we have been running bot servers and a lot great maps dont support bots in a nice way even dressingroom has bot only server where they just stand endless in the water many people have been reqeusting this rebuild just for the sake of the botclips.

Did not remove the original mappers name in the levelshot have stated in the textfile that it is only a rebuild i dont know how you feel about this rebuild but you can certainly take a look.

#14 User is offline   Snowball Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: snowball

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:45 PM

@AnonDafb

How do you make a .map file out of a .bsp file?

It's fine by me if you use the pk3 on your server, but I don't give the permission to edit the .map file to use that for special interest.

Greetings

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 23 January 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

Please contact the original mapper and ask them to make changes to the map. If the original mapper doesn't want changes made then do not do it and make a new map instead.

ok so if i change the levelshot and take your name out the worldspawn then it is ok or are you willing to add some botclips to the map?

#17 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

View Postsnowzz, on 23 January 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

@AnonDafb

How do you make a .map file out of a .bsp file?

It's fine by me if you use the pk3 on your server, but I don't give the permission to edit the .map file to use that for special interest.

Greetings

I don't want edit nothing of your map, but when any post a new map, I decompile it all time :D
It's easy, I only use a file .bat

#18 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

View PostAnonDafb, on 23 January 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

I don't want edit nothing of your map, but when any post a new map, I decompile it all time :D
It's easy, I only use a file .bat

On the compiling subject im workin on my 3rd map i've made everything detail except the outer hull i've also added hint brushes now my compiling takes very long 10+ hours when i do a (final Urt) in gtkradiant latest version.

i have not gone into compiling with a batch file yet i understand you can have more choiche in with switches you use instead of using standart ones.
Is there a good tutorial about this using a batch file to compile because i get nowhere on google with that it seems very complicated yet i know this probably isnt.
also wich switches should i use can i get some help with this?

This post has been edited by killspree: 24 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

#19 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

The compile taking forever sounds like you’ve accidentally made everything structural instead… If you’re willing to give me the .map file I could take a look.

Wikibooks has a pretty thorough compile manual. (@snowzz: see the bottom of the linked page for how to decompile maps.)
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#20 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:58 AM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 24 January 2015 - 02:39 AM, said:

The compile taking forever sounds like you’ve accidentally made everything structural instead… If you’re willing to give me the .map file I could take a look.

Wikibooks has a pretty thorough compile manual. (@snowzz: see the bottom of the linked page for how to decompile maps.)

here is the .map file

ut4_nuketown.map

the baseportalvis takes 6 sec so all should be detail the passageportalflow takes 8 hours perhaps im wrong could be have a look pls.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942