Urban Terror Forums: I made Turnpike back in the day, interested in converting to UE4 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I made Turnpike back in the day, interested in converting to UE4

#31 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

Yes you can actually map what you want and make it look realistic you can also bake high poly normals to get even more detail and performance.

This what I showed was only to test the light build time on a pretty big area this is probably a huge map for urban terror terms but easily possible in ue4.

Until urban terror hd comes out we can only speculate about max tris count of course and only test the editor but I much rather have a map like tp rebuild that actually max out 125 fps even with a full server or bots instead of massive detail and maxing out the tris count to a point where it needs the latest hardware.
Or at least good scalability so the finished game can be played on lower settings if your not really getting good fps.
I got my hardware with the minimal recommended specs from epic a quadcore at 2,5 and a gtx 240 My specs are q6600 @ 2.4 a gt560ti and 8 gb ddr3.
About 20 mil. tris and it becomes lower fps or 500.000 and a lot of physics and physically based materials.
If you take a map like tp that has a max tris of +/- 12,500 tris you can increase it a lot of course in ue4 But i much rather see map made that run smooth as possible for everyone and not make it as less tris as possible anymore because else everybody has bad day.
Gameplay before bling bling.
That's why I think Happyday is doing a amazing job with uptown that map has the same layout and not filled with so much crap.
On the other hand Frankie V next gen stuff is stunning and cant wait to play it.

Greetings,

This post has been edited by killspree: 02 October 2015 - 09:48 PM

#32 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

I have a request for HD. can you please give Guns models, physics? So I'f I drop it, it falls. If I jump, move forward, and drop it, it throws it. If I shoot the gun on the ground it slides across the ground?

This post has been edited by Dark-knight: 04 October 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#35 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:39 PM

:ohmy: I want that. besides the fact that with FF on it might hurt a little....
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

Is the player model going to be the same height in urt hd or are we importing our maps to the right scale but when it's done the map is goint to feel to large?

Greetings,

#37 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:21 PM

HappyDay did a conversion table of the scalings for UrT 4.x to UE4 some time ago:

click me
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#38 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:22 PM

AFAIK the height will be the same, so when you import your map into your 3d modeller, then you need to scale it to 1 UE unit, and then scale it with 2.54, because 1 Radiant unit is 2.54 cm, while 1 UE unit is 1 cm.

#40 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:59 PM

Yeah i Know about that I Always when I update blender make a new start up file with scale set to unreal.

Posted Image

This way my workflow stay's high also I can export what I build as a prototype so if I build some bsp brushes in the editor I can create static mesh and export it in fbx format to blender, both way's importing from blender to unreal or from unreal to blender it is always correct.

I really hope the hd version off urt is going to stay true to the current urt motto fun over realism because I kinda feel like fs pick that motto back in the day because in the quake 3 engine super high levels of realism are not achievable.
Also they only supported 16 players officially because of the system requirements to play in a 32 slot server and not supported bots at all because They don't really work well ass far as A.I. goes.
Hoping the optimization of the finished urt hd is going to be a complete package and well optimized because again in quake 3 you can optimize a map to a point where the mapper can't possibly optimize it more but than when you add some bots or 32 players and they come together on a tight spot you still going to need a beast of a system to play at decent fps.
Take a look at my map ut4_cairo it has vis blocking like you see in turnpike and casa it has optimized brushes even hinting but this is why even in the shader files you can find 2 guy's arguing if hinting really works (Yeah it does. No it doesn't) On that yeah it kinda helps cutting off leaf nodes here and there when they do not need to be rendered but when you play the impact of your map optimized or not is being nullified by the poorly optimized quake3 engine conversion called urt.
So please FS hear me and make sure when we optimize our maps you did your optimizations so we can actually benefit from it when we come to play the game.

Greetings,

This post has been edited by killspree: 05 October 2015 - 03:01 PM

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942