Urban Terror Forums: I made Turnpike back in the day, interested in converting to UE4 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I made Turnpike back in the day, interested in converting to UE4

#92 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:55 PM

And if it was built from scratch at least to use the original geometry as collision and make everything nicer but the same lay out?

This probably still not the best solution because models need playerclip for collision I assume so without the original .map file and permission to use everything it will still only be an approximation.

Perhaps there is really no better way than FS is doing currently if that's the case forgive me for hammering on about I just Love TP!

Greetsz,

This post has been edited by killspree: 16 November 2015 - 02:42 AM

#94 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:28 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 16 November 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

Well my version is the same layout it just needs practical real time testing to dial and fine tune what it has to have as to a 1-1 playability.

I did put the idea of co-op map building on the table and for decision but anything that comes of it would and can not be under the direction of FS as the principle organizer and up to the individual dev to volunteer their own time.

I would love to personally follow though but of course any free time I have is consumed with the game actual.

At the very least it's tabled so once we have a working alpha out we can move forward from there.

Ok and what about If you where to do everything that is allowed to get from the original map and only the models where made by a third party who are willing to give full rights to FS so something like the current situation will not happen again?
like the map I saw on the video and it only need some minor changes like the pillars!

Really if it where only done by FS it will be fine also with the right's.

Anticipating more video's and can't wait to see more about the hd versions of abbey turnpike uptown and casa also like to see austria or algiers and a awsome version of riyahd (very versatile and under estimated map).
Dear to spectulate with me that the new Ue4 version of urban terror is going to have open style maps as a standart?

This post has been edited by killspree: 18 November 2015 - 03:33 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#96 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:33 PM

Nice,

Now I understand why you where talking about cmm, that's indeed the best place for it so perhaps it can be arranged that people can upload content they like to contribute there
so that any mapper or developer can have 1 more place to look for when they are looking for nice content with cc0 or any license that means use it NP mate!

#98 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:39 PM

Posted Image

#99 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:35 AM

View Postkillspree, on 19 November 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

WAT?

#100 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:44 PM

That's what he responded with when I said his name... your supposed to smile because he will think it is funny I guess...

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942