Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SID plz read this and Community Rate Topic: -----

#21 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:03 PM

First off, SID has always said fun over realism (at least I think it was them that said that). So after having your arm shot off by an sr8 round you can proceed to headshot your attacker. You can fall from 6 stories and survive by grabbing a ledge and the more you jump, the faster you go. That aside, there are still easy way to dispact 2 campers around the corner who don't know you are there. It just requires a little thought and a little skill. You just need to spend some time with your weapon to understand how it works.

#22 Guest_wheela

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:07 PM

LOL. Sure thing there buddy. Im not even going to get into the experience in and out of this game that I have. BUT the, " you need more skill" posts are pretty useless for people that know. I'm not trying to be a ego dick, Im just thinking that people with experience in this game and out of it speak more truthfully about it. TY GG. SID is not going to cancel URT because you speak the truth, don't be scared.

#23 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:09 PM

I just speak from my experiences. Sure we all get frustrated when things don't go the way we would expect them to, that's just a reality of online gaming. I just don't understand the compulsive need to critisize this game and it's developers.

#24 Guest_Childe

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:04 AM

[quote name='"wheela"]LOL. Sure thing there buddy. Im not even going to get into the experience in and out of this game that I have. BUT the' date=' " you need more skill" posts are pretty useless for people that know. I'm not trying to be a ego dick, Im just thinking that people with experience in this game and out of it speak more truthfully about it. TY GG. SID is not going to cancel URT because you speak the truth, don't be scared.[/quote']
heh i lold at annihilators stock sid-defender™ responses. 'hey let sid do what they want', 'hey you just need to learn how to use the weapons.'
Anyway is it just the multiple helmet shots you think is wrong here del?

PS: wow the topic review thing looks bugged when i quote, does it work otherwise?

#25 User is offline   No|Leaf|Clover (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, USA

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:11 AM

I certainly understand where you are coming from, wheela, and I know better than to tell you of all people to develop more skills. However, I see things differently.

I think if a player does not need to be hit very many times to die, his/her incentive to rush into an area full of enemies is greatly diminished. After all, this person will become toast very quickly. If his body, however, is more resistant to damage, he/she might consider rushing to be a viable strategic option. Result: the game is less campy.

Of course, this also means that the person rushing into an area has to expend many bullets in order to kill the enemies. This simply puts greater importance on attaining headshots consistently, and this requires skill.

As for what competitive players want, the development of 2.6a, I believe it was, took a great deal of input from clans such as unified. Since then, QA has had many such players. SID has been listening to the needs of the competitive ut community.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 Guest_wheela

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:35 AM

I see your point about the damage to some degree, but I do not agree that the current damage makes the game less campy. For one, the sr8 has been majorly improved, which imo it needed. Although, that also enhanced the virtue of the camp. Camping in some respects is a strategy. Anyways, back to the original topic. I would atleast like to see a test run of the current net code and 2.3 damage. Then people can draw their own opinion once they have tried it. URT has advanced so far from 2.3, but things still echo from the past that could make it better. Im not the only one that feels this way. please post if you think this is a possibility.

2.3 damage + current net code. <---test run? yes or no?

BTW on a personal note: I have totally supported URT from the day I played it in 2.0. Anyone that says im trying to disrespect SID obviously does not know how much I enjoy this mod.

#27 User is offline   Delerius Icon

• Account: delerius

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:40 AM

I am for it man... I totally support a test run

#28 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:53 AM

Hitting a guy in the helmet that much to kill is the one thing I do agree here, it takes 4 kevlar hits and 3 in the helmet. Interesting thought since you're porting to et is to maybe make the helmet fly off at first hit like in ET.

I don't know how aries handles this, but you could make a 2nd hit deadly in the helmet if it was fired more to the center of the head or something.

Sneaking behind somebody you should use knives anyway :P

#29 Guest_Majic.

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:26 AM

It's true the helmet could do with some tweaking down but it is an incentive to move people away from the stock set of picking grenades and spamming them.
So its a straight choice between an Extra life, Grenades or a Secondary.

If you look at the recent Clanbase cups you'll see that it's mostly the snipers who use the helmet anyway as grenades are pretty useless for them and they need a secondary.

But saying that I've been told that there will be no more coded changes to 3.4 so getting it changed for q3 isnt going to happen.
Considering ETUT is a straight port I dont see a change happening there neither. (Also you know the drill once people start tweaking then it doesn't stop and pretty soon one of the better features is down the chute).

On a side note:
WHEELA! you beyatch where are the other phx fools you idiot cracker?

#30 Guest_wheela

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:29 AM

Weren't you one of those phx fools =p

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942