Urban Terror Forums: Are 3rd party mappers going to be relied on more bc of no more releases past 4.1 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Are 3rd party mappers going to be relied on more bc of no more releases past 4.1

#1 User is offline   Shadowdragon Icon

• Account: shadowdragon

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:25 PM

I see a mass drop in the community if no more updates are to be given after 4.1.  Overall 3rd party mappers are working hard on their maps and the few of us that have them out are not seeing our maps played as normally as they should be or just to have fun with.  So what will happen if there is no more updates pass 4.1.  Ill tell ya, just like RA3 and a few other mods, it will slowly die down after a year of none.  Just like what happened after the long period of 3.7 after-release updates.  Us as a community needs to quit hating on FS bc they work their asses off for your enjoyment and most of you just bitch, bitch, bitch, find mistakes to talk about and bitch some more.  Seriously what the fuck is wrong with all of you.  I dont see any of you making a map or a game just like urbanterror.  So all I got to say about this.  FS do your job and I support you 100% of the way on your success of a wonderful FPS and keep the bullshit analyst out your sites bc most of them are asshats in the first place.  I can see bugs in system to talk about but this and that about minor shit needs to stop.  If you think something needs to be fixed, explain the situation and "QUITYERBITCHIN"  bc alot of us are tired of FS being pissed at the community

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:31 PM

I don't think it's "our" "fault". Any evidence on that other than saying it?

#3 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

FS is just done with the UrT q3-mod for now. Who knows what the future will bring...

And it's not because of the community (although it does play a role for a few of the devs), but just because it's time to move on to other stuff.

#4 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

Shadow Dragon, when did 3rd party maps ever help boost the number of urbanterror players? ppl will wanna play the classics which is regrettable but its the way the community is. Is it possible to mod a mod? hehe that would be something :)

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:43 PM

Is it possible to mod a mod? hehe that would be something :)

Yes, it's called a meta-mod. But I don't think it'd be allowed or even if happened to actually have any success, especially since it'd be limited without change in code (it'd have to be only on art, not things like weapon attributes).

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

its called moving on...we need to do it for ourselves, when it happens. i dont think its the fault of anyone, especially 3rd party mappers. most of those maps find it very tough to crack a good map cycle and fact is most gamers dont want to play them for various reasons.

#8 User is offline   Flash (old) Icon

• LocationShanghai, China

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

Well, for the 3rd party maps, the problem is the same since the begining of urbanterror. Most of the community prefer to stay on a few maps because they know every corner of them and can play better. This part is just not intrested to take the time to learn some more maps. Another problem is that most of 3rd party maps dont have the quality to reach the attention of the players.

For the updates, i don't know the feeling of everybody in the team but i'm going to give my opinion.
UrbanTerror is an old game now, 7years of hard work. I do know that all the dev team love UrbanTerror. During those 7years, every members have evolve their own skills and some have left and some have come. The current team is now more professionnal and work in this direction.
For my part, i think that maybe it is the time for UrbanTerror to have a rest and let born a new project with all the experience learned from it. Sometimes, you have to let something die to see something even more beautifull born. Anyways, it doesn't mean that there will never be another UrbanTerror but perhaps when it will shows up again, it will be even better than now.
This is just my personal feeling and it doesn't mean anything about the futur of the project.

#9 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:18 PM

Sometimes, you have to let something die to see something even more beautifull born. Anyways, it doesn't mean that there will never be another UrbanTerror but perhaps when it will shows up again, it will be even better than now.

That sounds great. By the way, if that happens and it's a lot different, don't call it Urban Terror, call it anything else. Streets2 comes to mind. Hardcore old gamers holding on their nostalgia of another map when it could just be called something else and have both or just let the old go.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942