• +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Revert the SR8 Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   fr|Kz (old) Icon

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:48 PM

Er, PSG-1 to chest does a 97% damage if I'm not mistaken and you can still heal before bleeding out oddly. Of course you're left wobbling around with like 2% health.

I had problems with the unzoom repercussion, but am slowly getting use to it. It seems like everyone on this topic is basically saying the same thing, just in different lengths of vulgarity... but that's how it always is I suppose. Anyway, I say we SR-8 users just need to give it some time and perhaps we'll all get use to it, it seems to happen after each new installment. There's some radical change, we yell at FS to fix it, we get use to it... and then UrT is updated with the fix and we find it a feat to revert again :/

I didn't realize, though, that the SR8 was the only zoomable gun that this penalty is tied to. I hear the argument about the one-shot-kill thing, but that doesn't go smoothly with the original design (not to be confused with the purpose) of this penalty, which was to be a bit more realistic. If someone shoots you in the hand while using a sniper rifle, you can't just pretend nothing happened. It's the same with any other weapon (though for the sake of relevance, I just mean zoomed), so why not compromise by giving those weapons a slightly less repercussion, say.. if one were to get shot while zoomed, they wouldn't completely unzoom but their crosshair would be skewed such-n-such pixels.

The SR8 is no railgun, btw. Now, 2.3 SR8 ... THAT was a railgun. Shot straight unzoomed and while jumping! The mighty "tape-with-sharpie-dot" hack of 2.3 was a rather interesting way to turn it into a railgun.

Lastly, I don't think newbs ever take sniping weapons lightly. They expect them to be hard to use, so the unzoom shouldn't shoo them away. Nevertheless, I still see riyhad and casa with lines of snipers in the typical places, so not that much has changed.

Good Day!

Update: Oooohhh I like that suggestion, blud.

#72 User is offline   nemesis Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Tester
  • Account: nemesis

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:56 PM

shut up kz!

#73 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:58 AM

Posted Image

#74 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:05 AM

Give the psg1 unzoom and we'll quit.  :roll:

#75 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:02 AM

i got one HELL of an idea..... how about:

true for any zoom weapon:

if you get shot in the arms you cant scope till you heal it, and if hit in head or torse unzoom, legs no penalty, THAT would make some logical sense

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:50 AM

This is just like the efforts a long time ago to nerf grenades and take that aspect out of the game - and it was. So yeah that makes it more fun for the uber leet LR user with his vertical sensitivity set lower than his horizontal sensitivity so he can get more headshots - he wants the nades nerfed cuz he never used them anyways and he considers them to be "gay". They are gay because he hasn't learned or enjoyed the cool physics behind them and the cool ways they could be used. Same with people who want to marginalize the SR8.

It almost seems like that part of your post is directed at me.  :-D

if you get shot in the arms you cant scope till you heal it, and if hit in head or torse unzoom, legs no penalty, THAT would make some logical sense

That's even worse.

#77 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:15 AM

You so stole my suggestion from a few pages back ... but i dont think penaltize scoped weapon users if they were hit in their arms should be punished that badly that they cant unzoom. And torso hits are too easily landed. Arms and heads are atleast smaller hitboxes.

#78 User is offline   nemesis Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Tester
  • Account: nemesis

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:31 AM

I think the dev team should just combine the sr8, spas, negev, and be done with it (and then put a laser sight on it).

Just think of a gun that you can coat an area at long range with a scope and then proceed to do it over 60 times.

#79 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:17 AM

Can't forget to add the HK!

#80 User is offline   fr|Kz (old) Icon

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:20 AM

shut up kz!

Omg! *smack*

yaya, beat that horse!

(this post is teh negev!)

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942