• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need Help with a Bind Rate Topic: -----

#31 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:29 AM

Wil Badger -

Well I wish I had seen the prior thread first...then I would have known to stay clear of it. Heh so you where completely right in doing so. ;)

i'm not saying i'm anything specail at writing script but i was in no mood to deal with trying to figure it out and try and write something only to have it chopped up cause it wasn't right blah blah blah .i use weapons scripts,load out scripts, admin scripts blah blah that i wrote myself after taking 2 years of playing quake and cutting and paste'n other peoples scripts to learn how it all worked . i can say now that i have it down and can write anything i need of friends need . i try to keep them clean and simple but some of them do get long,hehe

#32 User is offline   Nologic (old) Icon

• LocationSeattle, Washington USA

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:08 AM

Aarsbuds0r -

Hehe so I gathered from his posts. ;) Well understanding him has been the major factor in the whole deal...but I do see by his latest post he has gotten much better at how to phrase things...so with any luck things will go more smoothly in the future.

sHrOOm -

Much better and some thing every one can understand. In the future take the time to explain what is right and wrong with some thing...just don't throw your arms up and scream that its hosed. ;)

Wil Badger -

Yeah his approch to things leave a little bit to be disired...but maybe he'll lose his rough edge's here before to long. My self I'm okay at scripts...some times I come up with some thing useful...but mostly its just redoing the same old stuff.

That admin script Im doing for OSP SoF2 is some thing new and fun...first in some time actually...I'm really hoping I can port it to UrT ET or even UrT Q3A...maybe if I can brown nose DensitY and Twentyseven enough I'll be able to...plus if they can some how up the max_var limit I'll be able to do some stuff that I can't under SoF2.

I'll probably become a bit of a wallflower tho...three months or so after UrT:ET gets released...want to get the ball rolling for it...then see what ever one else cooks up...to some degree I feel I have handycapped the community...and I know I have in SoF2.

Well hopefully you'll be pumping out some scripts for UrT:ET...love to see them. :)

#33 User is offline   LegoManser (old) Icon

• Lurking bastard
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 June 2004 - 01:34 PM

Nologic, I still think you're awesome. One bloody good coder and a helpful mate. Helped me out with a script once that I had messed up. Sent you a maze in text. Been running a good site about URT scripts too. You rock.

Aww, and remember that time when you did a script for changing NVG colors.. and I put in the colors's names? That was fantastic.

Shroom: I think you could be more grateful for Nologic's work. I'm imagining you hear stuff like that alot though.

EDIT: Btw, I once had a script that would change a cvar when I pressed a button - and then change the cvar back when I released the button. Sort of like Quake2's + and -. I'd love if you could make a "shell" for me where I can just put in cvars. (If you know what I'm talking about :D)

#34 User is offline   Nologic (old) Icon

• LocationSeattle, Washington USA

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:47 AM

LegoManser -

Thanks. I do try to help...tho I also have a bad temper...and its coming out more these days...as for the site...well thats the rest the guys from DesRat that should be getting the prop's not me, since it is them that coded up the pages and pay for the server...I just write stuff for them to make a mess on thier site with. ;)

Yeah I recall you finishing that up, thanks for the time & effort...there was just no way for me to figured out what they where...Density was off line...and I was still downloading it.

As for your var state bind....use any +command in Q3A or UrT and have it bound to a mouse button then place the user var toggle string after the +command and it should work fine.

Reasons why are that with a mouse button holding the button down results in:

+

release:

-

Where with a keyboard it cycles its state....holding keyboard key down:

+-+-+-+-+-....

release:

-

sample bind...not using a a user var string...but it should get the idea across I think (still redoing my system).

bind MOUSE2 "+button9; toggle cl_run"

Heh not sure if +botton9 is used in UrT...but any ways the above should more less fuction the same as just using +speed...but its just meant as a example...hehe not some thing to really be helpful. ;)

Any ways bogus mockup :)

set togg_01 "set togg vstr togg_02; ....."
set togg_02 "set togg vstr togg_01; ....."
vstr togg_01 // default

bind MOUSE2 "+button9; vstr togg"

That does work in SoF2...tho if I recall it was based off a UrT script I had at the time that I ported over....so...I think it still works...you'll just have to try it out and see.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942