• You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.004 Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   Spiki Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: spiki
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi,

I'd like to repeat my suggestion about adding descriptive error codes.
http://www.urbanterr...108#entry335108

Please add proper error code messages. Examples that can easily be solved:
- UrT 4.2.02 client connecting to UrT 4.1 or 4.1.1 server.
Message now is "invalid game folder" => Server has incompatible version from 4.1x branch

- UrT 4.2.02 client connecting to UrT 4.201.
Message now is "server uses protocol 70" => Server is using outdated 4.2.x version

While playing not more than 1 hour with few friends on the 4.2.004 server I've seen around 20/30 players "connecting" and discconecting from the server.. Only one or two actually got trough and played... because he was on our teamspeak, had the "invalid folder" message and got info from us to run the updater...
I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. [b00bs] TV / Twitch .::. twitter.com/b00bsclan @b00bsclan .::. www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

#72 User is offline   Spiki Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: spiki
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Error "auth is rejected for bad challenge error"

Client side.
If I delete my authkey, I can join any 4.2.004 server.

If I copy paste my auth taken from this website with set-auth, or input letter by letter into the "log in" menu... I cannot play on the 4.2.004 servers (regardless whether it is [b00bs] or some other team).
Client side I get the error in screenshot.
All players on the server see similar message about me.

Posted Image
I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. [b00bs] TV / Twitch .::. twitter.com/b00bsclan @b00bsclan .::. www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

#73 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

I was playing a couple days ago and saw that happen to you so I grabbed a screenie:

Posted Image

#74 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Serbia... that is why (sorry I had too.)

#75 User is offline   Vortex Icon

• Account: vortex
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

AHHH! I am overjoyed with this update. This is what I envisioned when I first started thinking about 4.2, before everybody (myself included) started getting overly concerned (critical) about models and such. The movement is fluid, the hits are beautiful and I'm definitely a fan of the different models. I did my best, but words cannot describe how pleased I am.

Thank you (directed at everybody) for not giving up on Urban Terror. I wish I could give every single player and dev a high five and a handshake. Now, if only I had more time to play :[.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

View PostVortex, on 31 October 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

The movement is fluid

Is it actually? compared to 4.1 it isn't yet; personally this is the only thing stopping me from adopting it as my preferred choice between 4.1 and 4.2. i've been saying it since day one, fix the movement and animations and everything will be well and good. Thankfully Frankie V has improved the animations significantly, which i congradulate him on, but it is still difficult to trace players like we can in 4.1 as they jerk around a bit and the movements aren't 'fluid'. most other bugs or imperfections can be done in time as they don't directly effect the gameplay.

#77 User is offline   hieronymuz Icon

• Account: hieronymuz

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostPez, on 31 October 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

Is it actually? compared to 4.1 it isn't yet; personally this is the only thing stopping me from adopting it as my preferred choice between 4.1 and 4.2. i've been saying it since day one, fix the movement and animations and everything will be well and good. Thankfully Frankie V has improved the animations significantly, which i congradulate him on, but it is still difficult to trace players like we can in 4.1 as they jerk around a bit and the movements aren't 'fluid'. most other bugs or imperfections can be done in time as they don't directly effect the gameplay.

I guess it is a thing of personal preference. I too noticed that the movement isn't as fluid as I'd like to, but other people on the server I was playing on said they didn't see much of a difference to 4.1.1. Anyhow, you grow accustomed to it.

#79 User is offline   Qant Icon

• Account: qant

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

The discussion regarding color and player visibility differing between the two teams could easily be solved by allowing players to override friendly/enemy team color similarly to Q3As forceteammodel/forceenemymodel, though I'm afraid, at one point, that function was intentionally removed by someone who maybe thought that having a blue (cop?) guy planting a bomb would be a total dealbreaker for a close-to-reality-shooter..

#80 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 31 October 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

A heads up we had to roll the animations back to .002 due to crashing issues on the server side of things. Sorry to say once again the issues of getting the animations right is going to take an effort of both code and content involvement to dial in the animations but for the time being more important bug fixes needs to be preformed and made stable before making the needed code and content fixes to the animations that at this point only gets in the way of both.

Well that sucks.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942