• This topic is locked

New Gametype Gungame Rate Topic: -----

We need your input and feedback!

#1 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hey guys!
I'm happy to announce that in some time we'll be adding a new gametype: gungame. We're looking for community feedback on what you guys wish to include and what your opinion, before the release. For those who don't know of gungame:

About Gungame
Gungame is a gamemode based on free-for-all. You start with a gun, usually a low-pistol. Every kill you get moves you up a gun in a tier (e.g. Glock -> Berreta -> Colt -> Deagle -> etc), until you eventually get to just the knife. The first person to get a knife kill is the winner. Knifing people in this gametype (when you are not on the final weapon) sets that player back a gun. In hardcore mode (g_hardcore 1) every time you get killed by someone on a lower gun than you, you get set back 1 gun.

Community Feedback
Right now we've been doing some awesome testing with our QA team, but we're also very interested in getting community feedback on how you think a few things should work. I'd like to keep this topic about feedback, and related to gungame. This is not the place to discuss how much you hate this cuz omg I love it (gtfo :D). If you can reply to this post with answers to the following questions, that'd be awesome. We'll also welcome any other suggestions or comments that are on-topic and relevant.

1. Have you played gungame before in another game (e.g. CS, COD, Xonotic etc)? Did you like it? What made it fun?
2. If you had to choose the order of guns (including ALL guns, no HE) what would it be (pistol->secondaries->primares, other?)?
3. How would you make a gungame gametype more fun?
4. How would you make a gungame gametype more intense?
5. Cookies or ice-cream?

Thanks for any input you have, and I hope you will all enjoy playing gungame in public servers in a close future!

#2 User is offline   satlolly Icon

• Account: satlolly
  • Main tag: YoLo/

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Well, pretty nice idea. I think good option is to add variation as Flag or Bomb. I mean regular CTF or Bomb Mode in rules you mentioned above.

PS Please name that mode Lolly <3
#include lolly.h

#3 User is offline   docDude Icon

• Account: docdude
  • Main tag: =jF=

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

1) Played gg in almost all of the CS titles, in CoD and some other FPSs. Played it mostly to get to know each weapon, its recoil patterns and shizzle wizzle. It's also great to warm-up if simple (t)dming gets too boring.
2) For standard gungame I'd do pistols -> secs -> prims -> psg -> sr8 -> knife
3) Reversed gg, start with the strongest weapon.
4) see 3
5) Ice-cream

I'm ready to receive my unicorn now
My ambition is handicapped by my laziness.

#4 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

1. Have you played gungame before in another game (e.g. CS, COD, Xonotic etc)? Did you like it? What made it fun?
I've played it in COD briefly and there was a clan that also did a 4.1 mod for this so I played that a few times.

2. If you had to choose the order of guns (including ALL guns, no HE) what would it be (pistol->secondaries->primares, other?)?
I would put spas as the first gun because 4.2 spas is horrible. Then pistols -> secondaries - > autos with G36 being the last graduated auto -> snipers -> knife

uh...maybe hide a gun somewhere in the map and the first person to find it graduates to it with little effort (is that even doable?)

Ice cream. *EDIT: I like dcdd's idea.

5. Cookies or ice-cream?
Ice cream.

This post has been edited by Nikki: 15 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

#5 User is offline   hellraiser Icon

• Account: hellraiser

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

5. Cookies or ice-cream?

ok:

1) no never, but I'd wish I had, though I have hate non free games! uazuazuaz >:=)

2) pistols->secondaries->primares->grenades

3) got no idea
4) got no idea
5) icecream, especially chocolate one!!!!!!

EDIT: very very very important clarification :smile:

This post has been edited by hellraiser: 15 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   woody Icon

• Account: woody

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

1. Yes,in CS:GO...
It was fun and all,but kinds easy.
That may be because I got matched up with low skilled players.

2. well,that is simple : Pistols,secondary,primary,snipers (psg,sr8),HE (because it would be awesome to get a HE kill,before a knife...and finally,a knife kill.

3.Well,URT is fast paced...so,if you get killed by a lower weapon that you,you would lose that weapon,and get back to a lower one.(ex:you have a sniper,and got killed by a primary,you would get back to primary)

4.The 3rd question should get this answer.

5.Ice cream.

#7 User is offline   m3t4l2 Icon

• Account: m3t4l2

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Played in MW2 once and I played it in 4.1 on modded server by VGC clan with my mates, was a lot of fun. <3

pistol->secondaries->rifles->snipers->hk69->knife :)

Better weps has less bullets? IDK :D

Maybe some other mode than FFA?

5. Cookies or ice-cream?
Cream-ice
M3T4L

#8 User is offline   satlolly Icon

• Account: satlolly
  • Main tag: YoLo/

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

# Nope, but it seems like it's worht to try it out.
#pistol1(beretta,glock)->pistol2(DE,Colt)->secondaries->autos->scopes.
#Also would be fun if someone just randomly has smoke or HE.
#Implelenting rules of gunmode to the CTF/Bomb Mode
#Searching for the bomb for red team/invisible for both teams/ -> if red find the bomb they have to plant
5. Cookies or ice-cream?
#blowjo* eee ice-cream.
#include lolly.h

#9 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

ice cream plz

what about a shorter version, where you only get an amount of weapons wich you can set.
And then you get a set of randomized weapons, maybe still in the order of the original gametype.

A team version, where, if you win it says "newurtplayer wins the round for red"
So the teams compete, but theres also room for personal competition

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942