• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Get Legit Bro! Rate Topic: ***** 13 Votes

#241 User is offline   DeMS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: dems

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

Good job, FS!

I see you went for a stealthy way of catching cheaters, and you're on the delayed bans method, more a less like VAC, which is a good philosophy, together with not giving any detail on when/where the cheating occurred - some cheaters might have been trying different hacks, so telling them which one is the detected one is a bad idea.

It's good, then, that you don't release any details on the catches, and it's a safe measure to do so.

Do you guys plan on always doing "waves" of bans? It could be useful if well-timed, both for competition and for cleanliness of the game.

View Postcruntett, on 20 August 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

I have a question.
We have 144 cheaters. But for how many account tested? How many different Auth were actually parsed by the AC during the time he was activated?
I'd like to extrapolate a percent of cheater on the game.
Thanks.

That would very interesting to see, as in about 150 cheaters out of 80000 Auth accounts doesn't mean much if only (invented number) 5000 accounts are active.

View Postpostit, on 20 August 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

One thing I've learned from 7 years playing FPS is to TRUST NO ONE.

Agreed.

On other games, even people who you had teamed up with for years ended up banned for cheats. It was a shock at first, but after questioned, most had the decency to confess, some even went to the AC authority on that game to send everything they knew about the cheats. Some even became dedicated to AC.

View Postpostit, on 20 August 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

Unless you are looking over their shoulder as they are playing you cannot trust anybody 100%.

Not even then. There was a cheat on CSS which was installed inside the mouse's profile memory. You could only be certain they were using it by taking a demo and slowing it down significatively, which is very rarely done on LAN Tournaments. The offender was found out and handed by his own clan, though.

View PostSilver Swords, on 19 August 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

View PostFenix, on 19 August 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

to be more precise I have 251 matches.
[font=sans-serif][size=2]

in some clans just having a cheat on your comp is enough for ban. i think it's fair for the urt community that you publish all.
besides.. it's not like it's going to hurt urts stock price or earnings. =)

On other games there is a temporary 3-month ban for people who have cheat CVARS on their configs. Gives them time to clean it up or ask for someone to help them clean it up.

Repeated offenders are, of course, permanently banned.

View Postkakusho, on 19 August 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

How can he/she make his/her defend ?

No need.

As explained several times already, they were banned if the cheat was present and turned on.
The detections at this level are not a matter of statistics or luck, they are probably as reliable as saying Earth orbits the Sun.

View PostRaideR, on 20 August 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Me either by i will answer.

If you IQ is below 100 then our AC is probably still viable.

For those with above IQ the honest answer is probably NO.

However, word of causion AC 2.0 is inbound, and while im sure now ever ditry mother ducker will be looking for it, always remember that AC is something we ARE doing and if you wish to take the risk so be it.

As always we wont tell anyone, it will be something you hear about "in hindsight". So a word of warning to everyone, we ARE watching for cheats.

I sit in the admin channel at UZ and CB admins are there also. We will be working with these people closely on our anti-cheat effort.

In short... stop cheating, play fair and have some fun. Or in the new spirit of honest FS. *@!# OFF!!!!!

Cheat coders, if they're any smart and grabbed the stolen code, now know exactly what you're looking for and how you did it - unless that part of the code was on a separate server.

Meanwhile, the "original" AC could still protect legit players from released known hacks, which is cool, considering there are quite some known names on the list, provided Auth will work again anytime soon.

Cheers, and I hope you're lucky and the road to AC 2.0 is a smooth one, considering the current state of things.

#242 User is offline   cruntett Icon

• Account: cruntett

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:55 AM

In short... stop cheating, play fair and have some fun. Or in the new spirit of honest FS. *@!# OFF!!!!!

And in an instant of deep self consciousness all cheater decided to erect a statue representing Raider as a knight guiding them into the light of honesty! Since that day, no hax has ever been seen again. (what? I have the right to dream too!!).

Hope FS the best for the rest of the AC and the HD :)

This post has been edited by cruntett: 20 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

#243 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

is fs thinking of ways to earn players' trust in fs' latest and flawless release? .. is this contemplative moment the reason for fs' radio silence towards the doubts that have been raised in this very thread? or is it pure ignorance and the hope that the fuss might simmer down after a while?

you should try to get everyone on board here .. by making this magic list more comprehensible without endangering the software you created ..

based on your silent response i figure there won't be any demos laying around you could provide but you should think of another way to make your claim more credible..

as i said in #98 right now it's way too easy for those accused to deny everything they are accused of..
telling them "we know you did it." won't change their mind and most certainly won't help "the community" in believing in this new tool...

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 20 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#244 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

I'm starting to think a lot of people complaining about lack of demos with these bans is more worried about their own future rather than the future of those who were banned.

Or maybe, UrT should use PunkBuster, then they's probably say PB installed hacks on their computer itself.

And to be honest (no offense to the coder of AC), i doubt this AC is using some revolutionary way of detecting cheaters, AC in many different forms exists for a very long time.
If you play another game and you get banned by their AC will you go demand a demo?
LOL if you did you'd end up being laughed at by the a vast majority of the community.
But i guess for that you'd have to play some other games other than UrT.

Amusing thread nevertheless.

This post has been edited by rayne2: 20 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

#245 User is offline   corefenix Icon

• Account: corefenix

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

Português --> Eu ja fui acusado(e condenado) sem ter dado nenhuma disfeita com ninguem no modo URT. Sei que em alguns casos pode aver trapaça mas nen todos.
Queria ver alguma foto, texto ou video onde pode se provar esta acusação.
Exemplo: você esta andando no meio da rua chega um garda é te leva preso, te acusando...??? Qual é a prova ???
Aguardo resposta.

translate.google.com.br

Inglês --> I've already been accused (and convicted) without having given any disfeita with anyone mode URT. I know that in some cases can aver cheating but all nen.
I wanted to see any photos, text or video where you can prove this accusation.
Example: you are walking in the street comes a garda is stuck takes you, accusing you ...?? What is the proof??
I await response.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#246 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Ho Ho Ho HOOO,

all this stuff that happens locks like Last Man Standing to me.

I guess we need some one who draw a line to all of this.

FS I am so sorry what happens to you regarding the code theft but
maybe its your turn now stop that shit storm.

This post has been edited by garcassgrinder: 20 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

#247 User is offline   Spiki Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: spiki
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

View Posttehwally, on 19 August 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Sup, mustang?

Priceless.

Best comment ever these 25 full pages in the thread.
I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. [b00bs] TV / Twitch .::. twitter.com/b00bsclan @b00bsclan .::. www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

#248 User is offline   zncgatilho Icon

• Account: zncgatilho

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostSwaggzilla, on 19 August 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Okay as far as I can tell its like this, if you go to the bank and make a transaction, there will be a record of it, whether its a deposit or a withdrawal, there will be a record. Similarly, FS developed an AC to see if someone is using a hack, and what hack is being used, they have a record, it's as simple as that. The fact that they don't want to express how they did this is quite reasonable as they don't want people, specifically those who develop cheats in the first place, to take counter measures against the AC. Given that the source was stolen, this becomes a moot point, but that doesn't mean FS should publicize the method in which they were able to retrieve this kind of data.

To those of you who believe you were unjustly banned, you're wrong, you know you're wrong and you're trying to save face. If you love the game so much, there really is nothing stopping you from making a new account and playing cleanly. Will you have your reputation, no, but if I take $20 dollars out of my bank account and walk up to the teller and tell them "HEY I DIDN'T TAKE ANY MONEY OUT!!", they'll probably laugh at me. Just give it a rest, move on, or make a new account and make new friends.

Also, to any FTW ex-Staff. Crappy; I fkn told you so.

Simply perfect! The satisfaction that I'm feeling is priceless. Players without honor are now in place they deserve. Thank Frozen Sand.

#249 User is offline   MAGNI Icon

• Account: magni

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:27 AM

Let's put it this way, for all those believers that think their 'best friend' / 'clanmate' / 'former friend' they've played with for multiple years 'doesn't hack'?

Here's a quote from http://www.yellodyno...ster_stats.html that clearly states, almost 90% of rapists, pedophiles, and psycho killers knew their targets bc they where either...

A: family related

B: friend next door, etc...

• Acquaintance perpetrators are the most common abusers, constituting approximately 70-90% of all reported perpetrators.
-Finkelhor, D. 1994.

• 89% of child sexual assault cases involve persons known to the child, such as a caretaker or family acquaintance.
-Diana Russell Survey, 1978

So now ask yourself this question, "Do you really know who your defending?" (without a reasonable doubt, the only sure fire method is to teamview their comp!)

So quit defending those you don't really know nothing about and move on to something more contructive, like play urt (no pun intended) ;p

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942