Urban Terror Forums: 4.2 Feature Preview - Jump Map Training - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4.2 Feature Preview - Jump Map Training Rate Topic: -----

#32 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

I have an idea for you to add gametype 9 to regular UrT maps. Here is how you would do it:

- on gametype 9, you would add the goal gems at the end of certain jumps, granted, people could just walk up to those gems like morons and get the point, but the gameplay here would be more an honor system type gameplay. And obviously you could not have the map end when people hit all the goals, or else some moron would walk to them all and end the map.

- Then you would add walk-through-able func_wall (or model) items throughout the map. Ideally the jump route would be linear through the map, just because it's easier to direct the player through the map to all of the jumps this way, whereas if the jumps were all separate off on their own and with no order, you could easily miss one. There would be 3 types of func_wall (model?) items. One would be a big 3d START sign, FINISH sign, and number signs for each jump. The 2nd item would be like a yellow road line that you would follow to go to the next jump. The 3rd type would be thin swooshes (I am envisioning them being translucent purple or white) which would demonstrate the jump that you should do.

Again, obviously it would be very easy to cheat and just walk over the goals, but the main point of this isn't really the game of the goals (if you wanted to make it that way you would have to alter the maps which makes this idea much much more difficult) the main point is just training on real, actually useful jumps in real maps.

Posted Image

#33 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

This is going to destroy the game.

#34 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

This is going to destroy the game.

LMFAO!! :lol:

Impossible :roll:

#35 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:55 PM

Haha, yeah having a gametype 9 that has no effect on gametype 4 or 7 is really going to harm the game....  :roll:

#36 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:58 PM

I'm just saying.. it's really annoying when I want to play the game with some buddies and they're like "Sure!! Yea lets go to a jump server!"

#37 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

I'm just saying.. it's really annoying when I want to play the game with some buddies and they're like "Sure!! Yea lets go to a jump server!"

Find new buddies :P

#38 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

LOL

#40 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:47 AM

I agree that it shouldn't end the map when the first person gets through. Maybe it should wait until the last person gets through.

Oh boy... jump servers + noob flaming.. hehe

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942