Urban Terror Forums: To the more antisocial portion of these forums a question: - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

To the more antisocial portion of these forums a question: Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

Why do people have to jump on threads and post completely unnecessary attacks or comments? Ive posted a few threads in the last few days, some people have answered those early on which is all I wanted, but then on each thread after its all sorted and I've found out what I needed immediately a series of people come on the thread and post either negative, stupidly picky or just downright insulting comments, what compels you to do this?  (im not going to list the usual suspects but im starting to see the people who just cant help but post and seem to think their attitude is the right way to do things) you are intelligent guys its not like a collection of kids replying thats fairly obvious which makes it so much worse that you can't manage to engage in adult dialogue.

(btw I am not talking about threads which are already inflammatory im talking about threads asking simple questions, requesting information or asking for help)

Guessing a large portion of these posters never heard or understood the expression:

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"?

Think about that before replying...

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

don't forget the internet is full of people that don't care if you think they're fools, they just want to vent; the misery of their daily lives.

#3 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

• Account: h3nry
  • Main tag: .um

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

ok.. so if there here to vent.. why be dicks to people who are minding their own buisness... trying to find an answer to a question and just want to have fun with a game?.

if you want to vent talk to RL friends...  dont be a dick to people that are trying to have fun and just have fun your self...

and no that wasnt directed at you fate... it was directed at anyone who wants to be a dick for no reason

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

good luck convincing the internet.

it's the global venting system, a group psychology exercise of gigantic proportions.

psychoanalysts are ready to start protesting for robbing their job.

#5 User is offline   Skadude Icon

• Account: skadude

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

I agree with the threadstarter. The people that go on insulting people for not using the search feature to questions which answers we know are simple. Answer their question and politely remind them that the question has been answered before and explain the importance of the search function.
This applies mainly to questions like the opengl thing. Maybe someone should write up an answer with an explanation to search like i said so no personal attitude gets sent across to the newbies. I say someone because i suck with grammar.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Shinigami Icon

• Account: shinigami

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

Can we just reply to silly questions about things that with the letters R. T. F. M.?
I answer RTFM questions all the time, but if I get a bombarded with those type of questions over and over, I reply RTFM.

#7 User is offline   Skadude Icon

• Account: skadude

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

I'm against that because it gives a negative attitude towards new members who potentially will benefit the community one day.

How about replacing the pointless

News
Check the front page for latest news...

with a bold message "OpenGL issues click here" taking you to the open gl problem. etc etc

#8 User is offline   agbd 2.0 (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

So you're asking "antisocial" people to do what now? LOL

#9 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

I'm against that because it gives a negative attitude towards new members who potentially will benefit the community one day.

How about replacing the pointless
with a bold message "OpenGL issues click here" taking you to the open gl problem. etc etc

yep this is very important too, you want to build a community to make a game more successful, UrT still has potential to grow unlike most FPS games especially ones so old, it has a strong dev team who are still improving the game and it has an active community, sadly new players can be easily put off. I know I'm getting a bit fed up with the attitudes of some people on these forums and in game, makes me wonder if its worth devoting my time to this as its the first fps since sof2 thats got my interest.

btw to those wondering, I wasnt aiming this at fate_swarm at all, I might not agree with alot of what he says but at least he doesnt do it aggressively or nastily so you can have a conversation with him. Id much prefer someone who disagrees with me but does so in an adult manner (I enjoy discussion and it would be pretty boring if everyone agreed with me!) to someone who supports my points but acts like a complete arse.

#10 User is offline   agbd 2.0 (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

NVM. Disregard.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942