Urban Terror Forums: To the more antisocial portion of these forums a question: - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

To the more antisocial portion of these forums a question: Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

I might not agree with alot of what he says but at least he doesnt do it aggressively or nastily so you can have a conversation with him.

Hahahhaha you are soooo new to these forums. Why not ask a certain someone (won't mention his name, prolly wouldn't want me to) how fate attacked him the other day, repeatedly calling him an idiot and an asshole for posting something completely innocent. Those posts were removed. You don't call that aggressive or nasty? Dude you are too funny. :lol: Besides, it's the internet! Get over it.

#12 User is offline   Princebuster Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

there's two sides to every story here however, yes I agree that the same people who give you bullocks are the same people that will generally come into a very useful discussion and state their opinion as fact, and then scream at differeing opinions as bullshit, BUT
you also need thicker skin my friend. Sometimes people, including myself, have been blunt in our replies to you, but not rude, and you take it as a personal affront and then continue to have a 2 page reply war about courtesy.
My advice?
Ignore me/them/us.
Arguing with a fool doesn't make you any less a fool. And in the instance that you may have overreacted, you most definitely become the greater fool.

#13 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

Haha, he's probably talking about me, I am a bitter asshole, I don't like certain things and if you touch those subjects I end up getting pissy and rude, but I can and do help if they are truly in need of help(I don't hold peoples hands threw it, but ill showem where to get the answer)

#14 User is offline   Genesis Icon

• Account: genesis
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

(I don't hold peoples hands threw it, but ill showem where to get the answer) RTFM

#15 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

Hahahhaha you are soooo new to these forums. Why not ask a certain someone (won't mention his name, prolly wouldn't want me to) how fate attacked him the other day, repeatedly calling him an idiot and an asshole for posting something completely innocent. Those posts were removed. You don't call that aggressive or nasty? Dude you are too funny. :lol: Besides, it's the internet! Get over it.

I havent seen that so how could I call it? if thats the case my opinion would change but if they've been removed I've no clue what was written, all I can comment on is what I've seen.

What I do know from having read these forums is that guys with history tend to jump on topics and bitch at each other, you and fate do exactly that, I dont know why you dislike each other but thats hardly the point of this thread, Im talking about people just jumping on some random guys thread looking for help to make arsey comments for no good reason.

"its the internet get over it" - yeah great thats the kind of elitist thinking causes all these problems in the first place, you'd prefer a happy minority of know-it-alls rather than a majority that might disagree but at least can try to get on?

Personally I want this game to grow, with the way technology has slowed now its not about the best graphics or the latest tricks because theres no originality anymore and till we really go into virtual reality style games theres not going to be a major jump forward in FPS which means you have a few things to fall back on , basic gameplay which UrT has in abundance AND the community around it. I'd like to see that community be a bit more supportive and a bit more positive, but hey im an idealistic realist who knows it wont happen but cant help hoping it will. 

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

I havent seen that so how could I call it? if thats the case my opinion would change but if they've been removed I've no clue what was written, all I can comment on is what I've seen.

You can hate me already. I won't mind. They've been so many I've lost count.

#17 User is offline   slackin Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

I will say e-communication was much cooler in the bbs days, there was the occasional asshole, but normally easy to weed out. I DID prefer the "elitist minority" much better than what we have now, back then a noob was respectful in asking for help, not demanding like o so many today, and typically they were much more willing to actually learn what's going on, not just a quick answer.

#18 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

there's two sides to every story here however, yes I agree that the same people who give you bullocks are the same people that will generally come into a very useful discussion and state their opinion as fact, and then scream at differeing opinions as b.s., BUT
you also need thicker skin my friend. Sometimes people, including myself, have been blunt in our replies to you, but not rude, and you take it as a personal affront and then continue to have a 2 page reply war about courtesy.
My advice?
Ignore me/them/us.
Arguing with a fool doesn't make you any less a fool. And in the instance that you may have overreacted, you most definitely become the greater fool.

I have thick skin but I also am quick to anger, plus have alot of RL issues to deal with over the last year which have made me significantly more angry and a shorter fuse. Im also awful at ignoring people, I just cant help but reply, its a character flaw that believe me I wish I didnt possess. as for why I got annoyed at your post, you effectively said I was lacking in ability and was some bursty clueless newbie (I read between the lines sometimes too much). I know noone here knows me at all I dont have a rep here like I have had in other games as regards that thread I simply proved my point which I was able to do when you saw the youtube and now know that Im not some depress fire and hope newbie. Unfortunately most threads I dont have a way to prove my points like that, I wish I did because I always want to back up my arguments with fact and the fact that I cant does contribute to my frustration which I must admit I take out on people who doubt me. So I'd say you were being rude (even if that wasnt your intent) rather than blunt by intimiting that I was lacking in ability and I know others who would have taken it as rude also especially because I dont know you or your style of posting.

I have no illusions about my character and I know when im being a tosser or an idiot, sometimes I just cant help myself, but you will find Im extremely reasonable and fair and will admit when im wrong and admit my faults, its much better to discuss things with me till they resolve than not (assuming people care to which many dont :P)

#19 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

I will say e-communication was much cooler in the bbs days, there was the occasional asshole, but normally easy to weed out. I DID prefer the "elitist minority" much better than what we have now, back then a noob was respectful in asking for help, not demanding like o so many today, and typically they were much more willing to actually learn what's going on, not just a quick answer.

I do wish for the old days they really were better, everyone was 18+ and acted like it, if there was one arsehole the entire community rounded on that guy (or girl) and told them so, the old school guys who've been online since the beginning like me arent ever going to see those days again. I agree that new players were more respectful, everyone was more respectful, in game and off the same is true in reallife these days. Thing is back then there was no elitist minority, it was a majority :P simple fact is accept the reality of the internet as it is now, I dont like it but I've got to make the best of what is there and if I can get some people to be more reasonable in their responses then great.

#20 User is offline   slackin Icon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

I do wish for the old days they really were better, everyone was 18+ and acted like it, if there was one arsehole the entire community rounded on that guy (or girl) and told them so, the old school guys who've been online since the beginning like me arent ever going to see those days again. I agree that new players were more respectful, everyone was more respectful, in game and off the same is true in reallife these days. Thing is back then there was no elitist minority, it was a majority :P simple fact is accept the reality of the internet as it is now, I dont like it but I've got to make the best of what is there and if I can get some people to be more reasonable in their responses then great.

everyone was 18+??? really? i was only 6(no im not exaggerating) when i first logged on to a bbs. but yes everyone acted more mature then than now.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942