Urban Terror Forums: Level Designer MajkiFajki joins Frozen Sand - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Level Designer MajkiFajki joins Frozen Sand Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#41 User is offline   skaz Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: skaz

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Welcome MajkiFajki, +1 Raider.

#43 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

^^ very well said , frankieV
(u2 raider)

This post has been edited by Driller: 21 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

#44 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

well, first off: congratulations Majki..

i personally don't care for the way fs decides upon new team members ..

what comes to mind once again reading all those forum comments .. is the way communication works around here ..

you guys seem to have a plan for the game itself but from my point of view you lack the ability to feed those plans to your community ...

(we had a lengthy discussion on that matter a while ago)

what i don't understand - besides not having a more organized way of giving updates on current developments - is the way you try to deal with failure

hoi's comment is a rare example of self criticism, as far as i know we don't get this too often

the reason we (the community) don't get to read much about developments that didn't go so well, might have the same reason we don't hear fs admit that the release of 4.2 wasn't all glorious and golden ...
the community and everybody else reading this forum/ website might think fs is just a bunch of weak and pitiful amateurs, if they did reveal more about the painful process of creating a vg ..
i personally don't think that's what would happen if you chose a more open way of communicating your actions, hits and misses .. we would get the bigger picture of how things work, something that's not possible right now ..
the way i see it you try to act as professional as possible (referring to the way the news site works), you advertised 4.2. in a way any professional publisher would (i suppose) but since you guys are doing this for a hobby and you don't have the money nor the manpower professional game developers have the release was rather bumpy:) what you advertised didn't live up to the features you initially announced (referring to the release of 4.2) .. you brought in the term beta way too late .. most players i know expected a full and finished 4.2 release ... i think the community would've been less pissed off, if you had let us in on details/ flaws of this upcoming release ..

i don't think it's a weakness to admit one's failures but a strength, i think the way to deal with annoying maybe even insulting forum comments is an even more transparent workflow and presentation of what you are doing.
this whole idea of mine is based on the assumption that you guys are aware of what went wrong on your end but because of reasons i have elaborate on earlier you prefer not to speak about it publicly ..
my point is that right now it's easy to get the impression that you guys are in denial of reality, at best it's your strategy to deal with this situation and not talk about what went wrong ..
let me exaggerate a little here, from a player's point of view:
the community constantly tells you guys what went awfully wrong, what needs to be fixed, etc. the response we get is:
this was beta release and beta releases are often full of bugs
the community is too aggressive,
you don't have to explain to us what you do, you simply don't have to because you are in charge

this simply doesn't look nor feel good, you deserve better and so do we. right now we are drifting apart. one way of dealing with this could be an additional dev blog, so your actions become more comprehensible to the community..
in a way i think i am asking you to be less professional .. level with us so we can understand what's going on ...

still an option though: maybe i am completely wrong and you really aren't aware that not everything went down smoothly .

cheers
karl

p.s. i might have to add i don't think you have to bow your heads before this community and you definitely don't have to repent but i hope you can figure out the difference to what i am asking anyway...

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 21 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#45 User is offline   Amiga777 Icon

• Account: amiga777

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

The Gentleman joins Frozen Sand??? Gratz! Poland was a fine map, though the bell chime when respawned may make some people unnerved....

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   eot2012 Icon

• Account: eot2012

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Congratulations. :smile:

#47 User is offline   FrankY Icon

• Account: franky

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

WELCOME! :biggrin: Have an advantageous job!

This post has been edited by FrankY: 21 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

#48 User is offline   FrankY Icon

• Account: franky

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 21 August 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

well, first off: congratulations Majki..

@KarlMariaSeeberg: You're really concise!

#50 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hmm.. Nice way to diminute delirium's imense reputation?

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942