• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4.2.010 Now LIVE! Rate Topic: -----

#121 User is offline   Ludsky Icon

• Account: ludsky
  • Main tag:

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

View Postgarcassgrinder, on 04 April 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

In version 010 the Bots do not work at turnpike, but they do work on 009. At 010 the bots staying still and with 009 they move around (Any changes at the AAS for turnpike?)

Will this be fixed with 011 ?

Same for Uptown, Bots do not work :s

#123 User is offline   ButterdBread Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Wouldn't adapting a 4.1 cheat and putting it into the sourcecode do the trick?

I'm probably wrong, I don't have that much coding experience :>

edit: i see the problem. aimbots & wallhacks don't run around on their own. sorry :P

This post has been edited by ButterdBread: 04 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

#124 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostButterdBread, on 04 April 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Wouldn't adapting a 4.1 cheat and putting it into the sourcecode do the trick?

I'm probably wrong, I don't have that much coding experience :>

edit: i see the problem. aimbots & wallhacks don't run around on their own. sorry :P

He ??? What ??? :blink:

Nobody want to have an aimbot in, Dude (Hackers in a online shooter sucks like hell :mad: )
With Bots we mean players controlled by the game engine. We use it to have a practice on some maps, nice help for noobs like me :wacko:.

Start UrT, open console and type in follow comands, confirm every cmd with enter:

\com_hunkmegs 512
\bot_enable 1
\g_gametype 3
\bot_minplayers 6
\map ut4_austria

after map loading wait whats happen. :unsure:
And you will see what we are talking about.

Try the same with ut4_turnpike in the last cmd for 4.2.009 and 4.2.010 and discover the differences

//*** Or was it just a joke ? :laugh:

If so, never mind buddie :cool:

This post has been edited by garcassgrinder: 05 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

#125 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

the bot pathing is broken on the maps, that's not usually a problem with the bot code but the maps missing the navigation for the bots that the bots need before they know how to move around
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#128 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 April 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Runamok, the maps haven't been changed. Something changed in 4.2.010. For example, Dressingroom hasn't changed and the bots used to play CTF on it which they barely do now and some never leave spawn. It's not just one map that they've gotten worse on. They've changed on all maps that have .aas files.

have fix the bot issue by myself:

- unzip the zUrT42_0006.pk3 of both version 009 and 010
- pick the file /maps/ut4_turnpike.aas from the 009 and overwrite the same in the 010 version
- zip the package back into a zUrT42_0006.pk3 and put it back to the q3ut4 folder
- Test was successful, the bots behave as before in the 009 vesion :biggrin:

(Here also the dismatch in the file size of ut4_turnpike.aas; version010: 293.9KB to version009: 1,1MB )

LOL :laugh:

some one has maybe also working *.aas files of:

- ut4_uptown
- ut4_prague
- ut4_casa
- ut4_company
- ut4_toxic
- ut4_mandolin
- ut4_ricochet
- ut4_ramelle
- ut4_suburbs
- ut4_swim

??? :huh:

thanks in advance

Cheers

P.S. will try to waste my sparetime to introduce me to mapping. If I get success I will offer some *.aas files for sure

This post has been edited by garcassgrinder: 05 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

#129 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Postgarcassgrinder, on 05 April 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

have fix the bot issue by myself:

- unzip the zUrT42_0006.pk3 of both version 009 and 010
- pick the file /maps/ut4_turnpike.aas from the 009 and overwrite the same in the 010 version
- zip the package back into a zUrT42_0006.pk3 and put it back to the q3ut4 folder
- Test was successful, the bots behave as before in the 009 vesion :biggrin:

asdgafajlfajhgsagjkölshgdjksöd don’t edit the PK3s directly, this will make your game unpure and keep you from connecting to any servers (or any clients connecting to you if you’re running a server). To add/replace AAS files for any maps, make a new ZIP file named, for example, zzz_aas.zip, make a folder named maps in the ZIP, put the files there, and change the extension to PK3. This PK3 will be loaded last and everything in there will have priority over the default files of the same name (when connecting to a server as a client, it won’t be loaded at all, so no pure issues here).

(If you can’t make a ZIP file that would load, or can’t change the extension of ZIP, you can always make a copy of an existing PK3, rename it, delete all its contents except for the maps folder, and then add your AAS files.)

Also, are you sure that you copied just the AAS file? Trying the .009 file with the .010 map results in “^1Fatal: AAS not initialized” for me, which isn’t entirely unexpected.

Building AAS files by yourself is trivial: get bspc (source repo), place it in q3ut4, extract the BSP files for all the maps you want to generate AAS for, and run bspc for every BSP:
bspc -forcesidesvisible -optimize -bsp2aas ut4_turnpike.bsp
would generate ut4_turnpike.aas for, yes, Turnpike. (bspc fails on some maps though, for example Snoppis and Raiders.)
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#130 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 05 April 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

asdgafajlfajhgsagjkölshgdjksöd don’t edit the PK3s directly, this will make your game unpure and keep you from connecting to any servers (or any clients connecting to you if you’re running a server). To add/replace AAS files for any maps, make a new ZIP file named, for example, zzz_aas.zip, make a folder named maps in the ZIP, put the files there, and change the extension to PK3. This PK3 will be loaded last and everything in there will have priority over the default files of the same name (when connecting to a server as a client, it won’t be loaded at all, so no pure issues here).

(If you can’t make a ZIP file that would load, or can’t change the extension of ZIP, you can always make a copy of an existing PK3, rename it, delete all its contents except for the maps folder, and then add your AAS files.)

Also, are you sure that you copied just the AAS file? Trying the .009 file with the .010 map results in “^1Fatal: AAS not initialized” for me, which isn’t entirely unexpected.

Building AAS files by yourself is trivial: get bspc (source repo), place it in q3ut4, extract the BSP files for all the maps you want to generate AAS for, and run bspc for every BSP:
bspc -forcesidesvisible -optimize -bsp2aas ut4_turnpike.bsp
would generate ut4_turnpike.aas for, yes, Turnpike. (bspc fails on some maps though, for example Snoppis and Raiders.)

Damn, yes have see animation issues by connecting to other servers... and now? lol
Thanks for the advice I will try.

View PostJRandomNoob, on 05 April 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Oh yes I have copied all ut4_turnpike.* files (txt, bsp, tga and aas) from the pack to exchange. Almost all files have a different file size between the versions.

Any idea why the AAS file has change? FS announce the map files has'nt change since 4.1. So, the AAS file dosent belongs to the map?

On the other hand my solution works for a local server and also by connecting with the same modified version as client.

This post has been edited by garcassgrinder: 06 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942