• This topic is locked

Get Legit Bro! Rate Topic: ***** 13 Votes

#301 User is offline   Terrorist Icon

• Account: terrorist
  • Main tag: pwnz:

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostDeMS, on 20 August 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

On plenty of other games it goes like this :
- Finding cheat CVars on your config for the first time is usually a temporary ban (3 months).
- Finding cheat CVars on your config for the second or more time is usually a permanent ban.
- Finding evidence of a cheat up and running in game is enough for a permanent ban.

I don't see why FS wouldn't be able to follow such a model, with the Auth system handling all this automatically.

Agree on that point.

However, let me ask you, does it make such a big difference?

Maybe they were only tweaking it for use on the competitive scene, so it would look natural.

Do you realize how silly this question would look on the official forums of any other commercial game that includes AC software?

Anyone uses cheats -> they get banned, simple logic.

Excuses, everyone is able to make creative ones, even cheaters on the competitive scene.

What fight?

Unless you have proof of this person NOT cheating, you might want to rest your case.

AC software does NOT discriminate the reasons why the cheat was on his computer, why it was activated or even what the offendant did eat for breakfast.

It gets factual evidence, and that's it.

Considering the info that FS members have shared already on this forum, it isn't that this AC is so complicated and complex that it can't be 100% reliable. Compared to other AC software, it's so simple that the chance that it is not 100% reliable tends to null.

And for your information, there's plenty of software which is 100% reliable, as in it will never go out of the expected response as long as the input is correct.

It is extremely rare that AC programs/communities do publish media.

Of course, FS could get their knees deep on it and try to emulate PBSS to make people happy, but, honestly, what do you expect to see on a screenshot of a cheater using an aimbot?

Why would they kick their member? He did his job allright, probably passed the link to people who could do something useful with it - like, for example, making it detectable.

On the other side, acording to FS's AC, your admin did not only install the cheat, but he did try it too.

If he does acknowledge this, then he's rightfully banned.

As I said before, AC programs check facts, NOT intentions.

DeMS is a well experienced played on all kind of games,thats why everyone should read this before posting. Sticky it :)

ty DeMS :*

#302 User is offline   posssesssed Icon

• Account: posssesssed
  • Main tag: iCu*

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

http://www.urbanterr...e/mustangcalif/
http://www.urbanterr...s/profile/myth/

i already knew that c@m and myth wallhacked regularly, they did it all the time and both have been caught in the past and banned from FTWGL. but i didn't know mustang (whos terrible at urt anyway) was a wallhacker too

but what does this really mean?

it means that atleast the 3 of those members were all actively playing for team usa in clanbase's last nationscup... look this is a link to the match for 3rd place vs australia when all 3 were playing --> http://clanbase.ggl....12#.UhP6KdVieW9 so, whenever they played, you must assume they were walling. i have irc logs of other team usa players suggesting they may have been walling all nationscup. its also sad because there were a couple good, clean players that played for team usa that shouldnt be lumped in with these 3+.

this shows where things are atm, atleast with the na scene. due to urt dying in the usa, i couldnt have fielded an active, competitve, team usa team last nationscup, so i didn't bother trying. then this is what happens

its a f*cking disgrace.

This post has been edited by posssesssed: 21 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

#303 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

View Postposssesssed, on 21 August 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

this shows where things are atm, atleast with the na scene. due to urt dying in the usa, i couldnt have fielded an active, competitve, team usa team last nationscup, so i didn't bother trying. then this is what happens

its a f*cking disgrace.

To pat myself (and my team) on the back, our roster on UZ with around 27 North Americans (1 SA and a Slovakian mixed in there) came up clean. Some of us may not be the best but god damnit at least we're legit :D Team USA though, that was a disgrace from the get-go and everyone knew it. The few legit players they have didn't make up for the history and obviously what the outcome was...but not all hope is lost. I'd love to see more Americans playing.

#304 User is offline   Randomness Icon

• Account: randomness

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

Something that it seems all the complainers are missing.

You don't have to play on a server that has auth enabled. If you don't like it, go play on one that doesn't have it. If there isn't one, make your own.
Randomness is everywhere...

#305 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

I've stood by and said nothing, until now.

I support Goose, FS, UAA, non cheating individuals and my clan BST. I also support the ethos "You cheat, we ban". On this occasion, 140+ people cheated and they got banned.

If you have detected cheats active or not on your system, you should be permanently banned from participating. I care not whether you did it to spot cheaters, to be a cheater, or your dog installed it. If you have a program on your computer that gives you an unfair advantage over other people, then you deserve everything thats coming to you.

You want to boycott FS and this game, well fk you, no one cares. Its a free game, go play CoD or something else, and cheat on that. We dont want you here. You are a waste of time and space. You bring nothing but pointlessness to this community, and we dont want your pointless ass here perverting everything.

I've read most of this thread. I've heard people try and get out of it everyway possible. Ive heard today of modified clients being used by mainstream people who have got banned. They installed a hack client, they made the choice, they got banned. The only person to blame for it, is themselves.

Now to move on. Well, until we get the next list of cheaters in a month or two. :P

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#306 User is offline   Reflux Icon

•   gameserver owner   
  • Account: reflux
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

View PostNikki, on 20 August 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

You must have missed the link. My bad for not quoting it. Apparently KRH is participating in a boycott because damn FS for banning their cheating admin/player/whoever he is!

* http://www.clankrh.c...?start=40#14936

Wow! What it must feel like to be a "senior admin" on some prestigious server(s) so that you can make vain threats about 'stop my "job"' UrT will surely die without them now. So much for my T-shirt. Bzinga!

This post has been edited by Reflux: 21 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

#307 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:17 AM

View PostSwaggzilla, on 20 August 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

Old news or not, I just like to rub it in. He was hacking the whole time, and you did say he wasn't cheating, and the evidence wasn't sufficient for your standards, look where that landed FTW. :)

Hehe, I certainly never ever said he wasn't cheating. I've frequently said that demos can't prove that someone *isn't* cheating. That demo wasn't sufficient, and most of the 'timestamps' were laughable - they still are today even though we later found out a few months ago that he has had hax on his computer. The fact of the matter, which is hard for noobs to understand, is that it's difficult for demos to clearly show cheating unless it's very obvious - unless you use low standards that would qualify the demos of all the top players in the game as cheat demos.

We know this is true, or else how do guys like Mustang get away with it for so long? Some of the timestamps in that demo were suspicious which is why we planned to pull in more demos and try to catch the guy. But before we could, some geniuses alerted him to the fact that we were looking into him. A couple months later we got the evidence we needed and banned him. Everyone who's honest knows a dozen players who snap on to sounds or expected enemy positions and shoot at walls now and then. It happens all the time on the edges of corners, stuff like that. That's not to say he wasn't cheating in that demo. Considering he has actually been caught with hacks on his machine a couple times now, you can assume that he was cheating. You just don't understand the responsibility of being in a position where you need to protect the tons of innocent people who have demos that show that normal behaviour in this fast paced game. Thus the reason for having standards.

It didn't land FTW anywhere. The North American competitive Urban Terror community just shrank so much that they couldn't keep a league going. That was already in full swing way before the Crappy demo incident. If it had dozens of teams it would easily survive bad websites or controversy over one demo lol. FTW ran competitions for as long as there was a sufficient NA competitive player/team base to compete in them.

Anyway, it's 2013, so how about leaving this stuff in the past? We both hate cheaters and want them all gone.

#308 User is offline   Subzero663 Icon

• Account: subzero663

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

i already knew that c@m and myth wallhacked regularly, they did it all the time and both have been caught in the past and banned from FTWGL. but i didn't know mustang (whos terrible at urt anyway) was a wallhacker too

it means that atleast the 3 of those members were all actively playing for team usa in clanbase's last nationscup... look this is a link to the match for 3rd place vs australia when all 3 were playing --> http://clanbase.ggl....12#.UhP6KdVieW9 so, whenever they played, you must assume they were walling. i have irc logs of other team usa players suggesting they may have been walling all nationscup. its also sad because there were a couple good, clean players that played for team usa that shouldnt be lumped in with these 3+.

its a f*cking disgrace.

I really liked to read your thread, from all of this threads from players ( not admins :>), your was clearly the best..
and I think that in this NC, you should be the cap (once again if im not wrong, 2 NC's ago or liek that wtv) you seem mature enough to control your players and make them having fun while playing/winning some stuff, I really enjoyed/enjoy your attitude, and your behaviour is an example to all the people who are "crying" about their friends ban.

It's completely normal, that you're mad, cause they got banned, they might even just downloaded the cheats to play vs you, for fun to see you raging etc, I've play vs people like that in cod4.
I think FS, should give all those players a 2nd chance, let them create a new auth, without banning it, about UZ, CB, etc well, they must be punished somehow, since they cheated, no matter if it was in a public server.

I would also like to give a special thanks to FS, and specially to the most active admins in IRC for their wonderful work. H0i, fenixxx, and RaiDeR, maybe some are missing can't remember their name, sorry :c

This post has been edited by Subzero663: 21 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

#309 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostSubzero663, on 21 August 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

It's completely normal, that you're mad, cause they got banned, they might even just downloaded the cheats to play vs you, for fun to see you raging etc,

You're kidding right? This is the second time Myth was caught hacking. This wasn't an isolated incident.

#310 User is offline   mustangxd Icon

• Account: mustangxd

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:45 AM

its a f*cking disgrace.

damn son umad. what does this ban have anything to do with 4.1. myth and I decided to cheat vs each other in a public server after we decided to quit urt is all that happened here. http://i.imgur.com/zbOFkxi.png here is proof that only time a I cheated was in a public tdm server. #lata

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook
Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942