• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mini freezes with official client Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

View Postsquirt, on 10 October 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

I normally play the fallin-angels CTF server and I have heard others complaining there as well.

I have actually had small freezes of around a second or so on Fallin Angels, and other minor glitches. However I attributed this to this being the first server I've been on 4.2 with that many players (somewhere around 20 people or even more), or just that the server it's on is overloaded. Also, I'm connecting from overseas. I've had no problems otherwise, but my computer is somewhat beastly.

3770k, Z77, GTX680, Kubuntu-13.04-x86_64, xorg-edgers drivers.

#12 User is offline   squirt Icon

• Account: squirt

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 10 October 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

I have actually had small freezes of around a second or so on Fallin Angels, and other minor glitches. However I attributed this to this being the first server I've been on 4.2 with that many players (somewhere around 20 people or even more), or just that the server it's on is overloaded. Also, I'm connecting from overseas. I've had no problems otherwise, but my computer is somewhat beastly.

3770k, Z77, GTX680, Kubuntu-13.04-x86_64, xorg-edgers drivers.

Only thing is.... I have never had that problem playing there 4.1.1 server and you know how full that would get all the time before 4.2. 28 players playing was a regular occurence daily.

My ping is also fairly low on their servers... normally low 30 ping.

This post has been edited by squirt: 10 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

#13 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

View Postsquirt, on 10 October 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Only thing is.... I have never had that problem playing there 4.1.1 server and you know how full that would get all the time before 4.2. 28 players playing was a regular occurence daily.

DragonHeart mentioned at the time that it was running on the same box as the 4.1.1 server, so perhaps it was just overloading (running both at the same time).

I have seen an overworked server on 4.1, which was on a by-the-slot provider and around the time BF3 came out. It was a little different, everything was 'wobbly' for a period of seconds or minutes.

Also worth mentioning I guess is the connection. Wireless connections are subject to contention and interference. I'm usually on a wired connection to the router, but I will still experience a skyrocketing ping and thin black bars if someone on the local network starts uploading anything.

None of this is to discount what other people are experiencing while playing, if you are getting different results on different clients then there is most likely something to that.

#14 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Yeah, Fallin-Angels 4.2 seems to be doing this to everybody, unlike the "personal-freezes" I seem to get on some other servers.

edit:
to explain, on the fallin-angels 4.2 server Love and I would experience these freezes simultaneously, and she doesn't experience the freezes at all normally. On other servers I freeze alone.

This post has been edited by beautifulNihilist: 10 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

Whatever it is, it's fixed in r00t's for me.
I have been on the |FA| server all day with r00t's with no freezes.
Last night I was on |DB|Clear's while Love was on the vanilla and we both had freezes a few times a minute.

#17 User is offline   squirt Icon

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 11 October 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

Whatever it is, it's fixed in r00t's for me.
I have been on the |FA| server all day with r00t's with no freezes.
Last night I was on |DB|Clear's while Love was on the vanilla and we both had freezes a few times a minute.

What is "root's"? Is that another build of UrT? Where can I get it? This freezing is driving me CRAZY!

#18 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

r00t’s build
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#19 User is offline   squirt Icon

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

I could not get r00t's build to work. I'm sure I am doing something wrong, but I could not log into auth server, and I could not see any servers (reloaded/refreshed) when trying to play online.

Sure would be nice if the base build of UrT would just not have the freeze problem.

This post has been edited by squirt: 12 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942