• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mini freezes with official client Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Pilou42 Icon

• Account: pilou42

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

It does.

Sorry but it is not external. We are several to explain to you we don't have any problems with R00t's build.

This is just a forum, but several people have complained about this bug among players who plays at 4.1 only (public servers). I've managed to let them understand they can use R00t's build, but like they say, if R00t does not provide his builds anymore, then we're screwed. That happened this summer when R00t did not provide builds.

Please don't try to escape this problem with wrong tracks. There's a bug in code which cause CPU optimizations to fail with some CPU. I understand it could be hard to detect/fix, but the first step is to accept/recognize it.

#22 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

I don't have any idea WHY this is the case, but I get micro freezes a few times a minute on the default build; and I get NO micro freezes with r00t's build.
I can test this back and forth and recreate it every time.

Whatever is different in r00t's has fixed my issue. Clear's seems to still freeze.

This post has been edited by beautifulNihilist: 12 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

#23 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postsquirt, on 12 October 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

I could not get r00t's build to work. I'm sure I am doing something wrong, but I could not log into auth server, and I could not see any servers (reloaded/refreshed) when trying to play online.

Sure would be nice if the base build of UrT would just not have the freeze problem.

if you're on win7,
copy your q3config and autoexec.cfgs as well as your authkey file (all in q3ut4) and paste them
in C:\Users\(you)\AppData\Roaming\UrbanTerror\q3ut4

See if that helps

#24 User is offline   squirt Icon

• Account: squirt

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 12 October 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

if you're on win7,
copy your q3config and autoexec.cfgs as well as your authkey file (all in q3ut4) and paste them
in C:\Users\(you)\AppData\Roaming\UrbanTerror\q3ut4

See if that helps

I tried copying the config files, but it didn't work. Maybe I am installing the build incorrectly. The way I did it was:

* Make a copy of my 4.2 folder
* Put the base build from file ioq3-1807-urt-251210-win32.zip into the new 4.2 folder
* Put the patch to work with 4.2.015 (ioq3-x86-r00t-v0.33b2.rar) into the new 4.2 folder.
* Run ioq3-urt.exe to start the game.

Is that correct?

#25 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

You shouldn't have to "install" it at all.
Just copy the contents of http://www.r00t.cz/f...00t-v0.33b2.rar straight into your urt4.2 folder (the folder BEFORE q3ut4).
Then run ioquake3.x86.exe

It makes it's own folder in ...AppData\Roaming\UrbanTerror\q3ut4 that it reads maps and configs from, but you run/extract it in your base folder

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   squirt Icon

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 12 October 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

It does not.

Freeze or stuttering is an external issue common to all games and can be caused by many things depending on individual PC configurations.

Example.

Your playing games on a laptop and your power settings is set to turn off the hard drive after X amount of time. If the HD shuts down as it's told to do any time HD access is required you will get a stutter or micro freeze as the HD spins up playing a game or not.

Frankie V, I understand where you are coming from, but the symptoms here are different. First of all, I have no problems with 4.1. No freezes/stutter. This issue happens randomly every 2 to 30 seconds. Basically constantly throughout the game. It seems that the busier the server is, the more it will freeze/stutter.

I have been in the IT field for 24 years (And actually got my first computer in 1984 - Tandy TRS-80 Model 4 - Super high tech :) ) and am pretty familiar with diagnosing if it is a desktop issue or not. At least diagnosing if it is something as simple as hard drives trying to spin up. I keep this machine running non stop with no power saving settings set. I hate waiting for things to power up.

This issue seems to be something with the build of 4.2.

#27 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Tandy-1000 was my first. I wonder if it'll run UrT at 640x480?
Better try Doom first.

#28 User is offline   squirt Icon

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 12 October 2013 - 10:48 PM, said:

You shouldn't have to "install" it at all.
Just copy the contents of http://www.r00t.cz/f...00t-v0.33b2.rar straight into your urt4.2 folder (the folder BEFORE q3ut4).
Then run ioquake3.x86.exe

It makes it's own folder in ...AppData\Roaming\UrbanTerror\q3ut4 that it reads maps and configs from, but you run/extract it in your base folder

Thanks, Nihilist!

I started the install (for lack of better words) from scratch, and it worked! And WOW!!!! What a difference! Much smoother with r00t's build and no freezes at all.

There is definitely a bug in the standard 4.2 build.

#30 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

I know that you know the we DON'T know if you know. Y'know?

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942