• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hit Detection Explained Rate Topic: -----

#66 User is offline   Mauri (old) Icon

• LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

yeah me too. HSO server (we are a uk clan mostly) have our server in Germany. We have really good games there. When the server is right next to you its ok. but that 10-20 ping bracket rally owns my connection. No idea why!

I believe that has something to do with antiwarp. When your ping is that low (10 to 20m/s)  you have a bigger problem with ping oscilation, which will affect your hits. Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but that's how I feel when playing on PT servers with my 8m/s ping.

#67 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:39 PM

Have you tried using ut_timenudge? Set it too 20 or so and see if it does anything good for you :o

#68 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

nope ...with a 6ms ping i shouldnt be nudging anything anywhere ... anyway im not bothered as we're not in any competitions atm

so im just waiting for 3.8 for the fix 8-)

#69 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

ut_timenudge was made by twentyseven to fix hitproblems, try to see if it helps. If so, SID could enable ut_timenudge by default for example in 3.8.

#70 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:13 PM

timenudge helps for sure when yellow is on the (top part of the) lag meter and hits are usually better with it on, but I mean 'generally' on 200-250 pings, it 'looks' to get better 'hits' than generally on around 100 or a bit less, very low ones of 20-30 and less excluded, where at least for me its hard to notice bad 'hits' there.

not sure though about it, id have to be very carefull on 'yellows' on those different cases to be more certain.

itd be of some importance since timenudge is not free, adds some internal 'lag' for the gamer using it. (not the server or other players, like some "admins" seem to think and kick for timenudge values  :roll:)

edit: wonder if it helps for some reason even if yellow isn't shown on the meter..

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#71 User is offline   Mobab (old) Icon

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:04 AM

timenudge helps for sure when yellow is on the (top part of the) lag meter and hits are usually better with it on, but I mean 'generally' on 200-250 pings, it 'looks' to get better 'hits' than generally on around 100 or a bit less, very low ones of 20-30 and less excluded, where at least for me its hard to notice bad 'hits' there.

not sure though about it, id have to be very carefull on 'yellows' on those different cases to be more certain.

itd be of some importance since timenudge is not free, adds some internal 'lag' for the gamer using it. (not the server or other players, like some "admins" seem to think and kick for timenudge values  :roll:)

edit: wonder if it helps for some reason even if yellow isn't shown on the meter..

I'm sure some of you have noticed that my ping on some servers has gone through the roof where the "connection inturrupted" message is constantly on my screen.  I can certainly say that, although I'm lagging real bad, shot-for-shot I hit more.  Merely passing my lr 300 over a person's head for a split second would get me a headshot, where with a low 50ms ping, I'd literally have to keep my gun over their head for about a second before I get a headshot.  Due to many variables though, I can't prove this which is a big problem in this debate.

Just the other night, I was complaining that I couldn't hit tehblade while I had a 50ms ping because I actually couldn't, even though he was running straight at me.  I was able to hit *everyone* else fine.

I'm not sure if this is anti lag working, but I often hear the "click" of my gun running out of ammo before my last round would hit the person.

I think I'll make a demo of 50ms vs +200ms ping times.

#72 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:33 AM

I'm not sure if this is anti lag working, but I often hear the "click" of my gun running out of ammo before my last round would hit the person.

yes, that should be the network code being active. your client says 'no more ammo' and clicks...in the meanwhile packets travel from you to the server and back, saying 'you hit xxx'.
hits are being determined server-side, while sounds like that 'click' are triggered client-side (therefore no lag).

#73 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:04 AM

Mobab, is your com_maxfps not set too high and did you try ut_timenudge 20 or so when you cant hit :) It never hurts to try.

#75 User is offline   Mobab (old) Icon

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:11 AM

The yellow is the server not the client. TwentySeven has always told me that when you see yellow triangles in the top of the netgraph the server is crapping out. ut_timenudge affects the green part of the netgraph. TwentySeven says to increase timenudge by 10 for every pixel blip in the green. Ideally the green should be a flat line not jagged.

I always forget about that before I play, lol.  I'll try to remember it tonight.  I really haven't ever get the yellow spikes for the top line, though I do get big triangles going downwards.  My ping flux like mad too, but you don't notice this much if you look at the scoreboard.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942