• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hit Detection Explained Rate Topic: -----

#57 User is offline   Mobab (old) Icon

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:49 AM

My credentials?
None, I'm a noob  :-D

LOL... been so long since I've seen you, people might actually believe that.  For those that don't know, Mobab is one of those players I quietly cursed as a hacker whenever he owned my ass on a server.

BTW, I think there are some significant problems with the hit detection, whether simply internet related or multiple programmers modifying it and something getting lost in the translation... I'm glad to hear it's apparently been rewritten and hope it makes the game feel right.

:-D

I've been cursing at some people, myself lately. :lol:

I'll try bladekiller's guide.  It's weird that you start to figure out who you're shooting at just by the way you are hitting/not hitting the guy.  you don't even have to look at the name. 

#58 User is offline   xfact0r Icon

• Account: xfact0r
  • Main tag: p4*

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:34 AM

It's weird that you start to figure out who you're shooting at just by the way you are hitting/not hitting the guy.  you don't even have to look at the name. 

Yap, so much easier to pop the console and:
damn PT/PL f**c!! :-D

#59 User is offline   IonYz (old) Icon

• LocationChicagoland

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:16 AM

I think hit detection, as it stands, is fine. I've had instances where I empty a whole PSG clip into a guys head at 75 meters and nothing. But I wasn't looking at my net connection so I can't just blame the hit code for it. Like it urks me when someone yells "camper!" or "lag!". Why should I care if your lagging?  :roll: :lol:

But all this 3.8 talk has my clan and I back into the game. Can't wait to play it. :D

#60 User is offline   JKarmack (old) Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:41 AM

I've been hassling with hit detection problems for a long time. In LANs I have no problems. But on the Internet, don't laugh, the lower my ping (20-50) the worse the hit detection gets (I have a near perfect lagometer). When I play overseas (ping around 120-160)
I can hit so much better (even with SR8). I used to play with a fps fixed at 125 and it was impossible for me to play. Now set to
85 fps which is better but still have the above described problems. Go figure...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#61 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:00 PM

I've been hassling with hit detection problems for a long time. In LANs I have no problems. But on the Internet, don't laugh, the lower my ping (20-50) the worse the hit detection gets (I have a near perfect lagometer). When I play overseas (ping around 120-160)
I can hit so much better (even with SR8). I used to play with a fps fixed at 125 and it was impossible for me to play. Now set to
85 fps which is better but still have the above described problems. Go figure...

yea, that's one of the few things I noticed too. sometimes on 200-250 pings hitting is easier than on 100s or bit less. on up to 20-30 though no prob, even though that's rare to me. can't be certain though, it may happened by chance or some weird phychology was in effect  :roll:

ps. hello there Mr Carmack, love your game engines  :-D

#62 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

I used to be really poor on servers with ridiculously low pings (usually Barrysworld game servers), the days when I was on JANET access from university halls of residence.  Regular servers, not a problem, so I can appreciate.

#63 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:17 PM

i can second that oversavtion. at least it feels like it. i seem to do better on servers overseas.

#64 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

totally

my ping to spamrock of 6-16ms sux :x (no joke)

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942