• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Revert the SR8 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:19 PM

I have to say that this new unzoom thingie takes away lots of the SR8 fun. I did not need the bigger magazine, 3 bullets were way enough with this gun. I am fine with 4.1 so far, but the unzoom-when-hit penalty just plain sucks.

#22 User is offline   Diggs (old) Icon

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:38 PM

This was so predictable. All the 'noob stick' users would be here to cry they are not as 'l33t' as they used to be.

Bring out the Kleenex.

The SR8 is a railgun, and a one-shot kill. So cry me a river if FS finally put the SR8 with a significant penalty for using it.

+1

And what do ya know.  No longer do 1/2 the players in the game use the noob stick.  Now we are seeing the LR, Negev, GR36 and even the M4 spread out among players.  The game finally balances out a bit more as intended.  Nice job FS.

#23 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:01 PM

Jump penalty? Movement Penalty? Bolt action?
It was penalized enough as is, and im not crying, i still hold my own with it just fine, im just saying no noob in his right mind would dare take up this gun now, and thats sad imo.

Imagine youre total noob, you walk around with your lr, who knows, you might actually kill somebody, then you go to your weapons menu and think; "Gee, that sniper rifle look kinda cool"

So now you are walking around with youre sr-8, you have no idea theres a movement or jump penalty, you see an enemy, keep walking, fire, miss, get killed, spawns again, repeat the same action, die again.
Then you lets the cogs in his head work and thinks maybe i should hold still before i fire, so youre walking around again, you sees an enemy, you stop, aim, get shot in the arm, the gun unzooms, it startles you, you gets sprayed by a maniacally laughing AK user,get frustrated, take the lr/ak/g36 back, never touch the gun again.

Bad mojo i say.

Now i know this is sort of extreme, but i can actually see this happening.

/end rant

DUDE, ofcourse, OMG if i was a noob, i wouldnt take a SNIPER rifle and try to WALK and FIRE with it, sniper rifle, lemme see, humm, maybe it means to be at a distance and kill stealth style, if you dont get that....... well go play CS, the damn SR8 was a rail gun, NOW its a sniper rifle, get over yourself, personally i like not getting SOO OWNED by sr8'ers i think any TRUE noob would feel the same way....

#24 User is offline   restless Icon

• Account: restless
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:05 PM

This is the best nerf ever. now the sr8 is being used as its supposed to.
This was really necessary imo couse the sr8 was just to ez to use.
thx allot whoever thought of this!

#25 User is offline   slackin Icon

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:12 PM

You know what, ANYONE who has complained EVEN A LITTLE about this, MUST suck and now they are pissed they cant railgun there way thru the game, NOW they must actually try to play like everyone else, WOW, OMG, they cant use autos!!! that must be it, they suck so bad that the sr8 was there only hope and now all is lost, JESUS it makes SOOOOO much MORE sense this way, how could you even DREAM of it being the other way, THAT was lame, and i know its "fun over realism" but that wasnt fun for anyone who DIDNT use sr8. as for people not using the gun much, THERE IS ALWAYS GUNS that are not used as much as the rest, look at PSG1 in 4.0, very under used gun. so far i am having the time of my life, this is the best URT EVER, very very little i could even want to change.

PS: only one thing left to fix guys:
New RCON command: /rcon password STFU YOU NOOBS

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:20 PM

New RCON command: /rcon password STFU YOU NOOBS

what exactly would that do.

#27 User is offline   slackin Icon

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:32 PM

ROTF, welll.....
it would spawn a little monkey outta the disk drive and start throwing piles of shit at the noobtard so he would be too busy dodging monkey dung to bitch about the sr8 zoom

#28 User is offline   Kabal Icon

• Account: kabal
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:50 PM

first day of 4.1 i was rushing snipers with a beretta,hitting them in the kevlar just to unzoom them and then finishing them while they were stuck in the bolt reload animation.they weren't ofc the top snipers ever,but still they were good players and snipers,now tell me if that's not lame...

what the unzoom is rewarding is lowest form of skill.is rewarding the ppl who can't even aim properly cuz everyone,even the noobest of the noobs,can go around a corner and hit a leg spraying random.also add the random bullets flying from a fight involving other 2 players,that accidentally hit you and makes you unzoom just when someone is rushing you.i could be the most unlucky urt player,but to me happened a lot of times because i HATE sitting on a corner and camping my enemy,so i take my chances and i rush also with a sniper rifle.in a game like urt i find camping totally unjustified,no matter what weapon i use or map i play.

i could also agree with you that was a railgun,was easy to use after you get used to it etc. but the problem of sr8 was (and still is) the movement penalty.
how many times we all get fragged by someone who zoomed and hitted 1/10 of second after finishing a powerslide or a walljump or a sprint? personally i get fragged and i fragged hundreds of times in situations like that.
was enough to fix and then increase the mp.
2 seconds of full stop before shooting? more or less,dunno,something like that.also to disallow the snipers to carry a secondary,so we can avoid the sr8-spas combo that was quite ridiculous.while at it,take away the 2 extra bullets again,no need for it.
that would slow down a little the snipers,makes them play more conservative BUT still makes them able to rush and take their chances if they want,fitting better in a fast paced game like urt.
now we have a weapon that shoot 100% accuracy 1/10 of second after a poweslide,but unzoom as soon as the wind whispers.

P.S. that comes from someone who is always using sr8 only on 2 maps in the whole game and the rest is all m4 or lr.

P.P.S. this ppl telling you suck etc. you are looking like frustrated noobs that in all those years never figured out how to kill a rushing sniper and now are having a huge erection cuz they can finally do something.actually you aren't giving a good image of yourselves,but hey it's your choice ;)

#29 User is offline   CRIMENY Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: crimeny
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:32 AM

The unzoom feature sounds excellent if all of our connections were equal.  Playing against someone with a ping differential of 75-100ms or more (between me and the server, and them and the server), seems useless.  I can hit the other person in the chest with the m4, but their sr8 shot kills me right afterwards.  I don't know if my sub-50 ping is to blame, or their 150 ping...but the unzoom doesn't always work as a penalty.

If I ping 50 to the server and the other player pings 50 to the server, we're on equal grounds; the same is true if each of us have a 150 ping.  If I ping 50 to the server and they ping 150 to server, the kill happens when it shouldn't.

EDIT: let me clarify though:  I'm not suggesting to remove it, just stating the situations I've been in with the new feature.  I expect to be safe when I hear the hitsound, but I end up being killed.

#30 User is offline   slackin Icon

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:35 AM

kabal, ROTF, sounds like you took my post personally, lol, sorry not trying to insult anyone, but gimme a damn break, "RUSHING SNIPER?" sounds very ..... oxy-mornic

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942