Weapon Review Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:34 PM

Nice website Taggedzi.

Seeing is believing,
and you made your stats and made public all rules you used. Thats very good and friendly.

Maybe this discussion here will give more information about weapons and so, but if
the reality doesnt fit the codes...well...forget them codes...its all about killing not?

GL & HF

and thx for such a well done project!

#32 User is offline   taggedzi (old) Icon

• LocationLeland NC

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

Good lots of comments :-)

Hoody: thanks for the rof data I'll get it re-calculated and up online here probably in a few minutes.

Yas: PSG-1... at 100ft as fast as my script could fire there was ZERO variance from the crosshair.  I'll see if I can get a demo for you too look at.. but you can check it your self in the shooting range.  be aware... this does not in any way account for movement penalties though... so if you are moving at all... the numbers will be different.  And yes you are right that the UMP has 30... dunno why i thought different... although I am confused that the user manual says mp5 has 25 and I just logged in to check and that is 30...  I will have the ammo count fixed here soon too.  Thank you also for the timescale idea... I really like that.  I will give that a shot this evening.  Thanks so much for the input.

Everyone else: I am afraid people are trying to do brain surgery or rocket science with theses numbers (I would categorize these numbers as crude, like chain saws or bottle rockets).  Yes I make my numbers as accurate as I can, however there are SO MANY VARIABLES that can affect your accuracy in game play, realize these numbers were created to show you general trends in how the weapon performed, separate from the users actions (game play style, computer equipment equipment, etc) and modifier penalties.  The reason I started to do this research was so that people (myself included) could adapt their actions to the general trends of the weapons. 

For example some of what I've learned is this:  LR & M4 both spray upward in a general "V" shape, so when I'm firing multiple rounds (bullets) I try to sweep my weapon down and get closer to my target so the "V" is still spanning the torso range.  The M5 & Negev seem to have a circular spray pattern, so as long as I keep my crosshair dead center on the person's torso I will get the most out of the weapon.  I've also learned that the first 2-3 shots out of almost every weapon are pretty accurate, so when I shoot I try to keep my bursts to a good level (2-5 shots) for that weapon and try to keep them in the center of the body.  If I have to spray and pray I try to keep in mind the weapons spray pattern.  Too take these numbers much deeper than general trends is insane, If you are trying to predict where "exactly" your next bullet will hit... either your an aimbot or your crazy, it is random within some limit of statistical variation..  I just wanted general stats to show trends.

I wasn't trying to get everyone to stop using silencers (I still use them... I hate the muzzle flash, and the sound of most weapons, makes it harder to hear someone trying to sneak up..) I personally "feel" that when I'm playing I do get "more" shots with a silencer.  I just wanted to have a general comparison of the weapons. A change of 1-2% in a weapons accuracy even some of the most LEET players wouldn't notice. (Exception: long distance sniping...)  There are those who would argue with me... and I'm sure they will.

I agree with many people in saying that the LR300 and M4 "feel" different... but numerically they are very similar. (In fact so close I could almost call them the same gun...) Yet I have better luck with the M4 my self... I find most people favor the LR... so please take the numbers for what they are worth, just a general introduction to what the weapons do..

So to come down to it learn from your weapons, use them and their characteristics to your benefit.  If you can use what I have up there to get better, rock on! It has helped me some.

TaggedZi - Matt

#33 User is offline   meister (old) Icon

• LocationWhere

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:52 AM

Instead of everyone speculating, why not just load up the firing range map and test each weapon out for yourselves if you want solid evidence, geez. It's not rocket science.

#34 User is offline   taggedzi (old) Icon

• LocationLeland NC

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:59 AM

psg-1 has 100% acc when firing as fast as possible?
i wanna see a video of that please.

Hola, recorded the demo at 100ft and 300ft.  "Perfect" aim with a PSG-1 as fast as I could script it. (Any faster and it would skip bullets) took me about 3 min to get the timing right.

http://urt.taggedzi....range_FFA.dm_68

#35 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:58 PM

thanks! psg is great with marshmallows and campfire songs.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   opium Icon

• Account: opium

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:02 PM

thanks! psg is great with marshmallows and campfire songs.

so its 100% accurate.
man hit detection is really bad in this game.
i need to take a demo of a silenced psg missing an afk target (happens to me whenever i try to use the damn retarded sniper rifle)

#37 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

so its 100% accurate.
man hit detection is really bad in this game.
i need to take a demo of a silenced psg missing an afk target (happens to me whenever i try to use the damn retarded sniper rifle)

it's movement penalty is quite severe though... try it out in the firing range ;)

#38 User is offline   opium Icon

• Account: opium

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

it's movement penalty is quite severe though... try it out in the firing range ;)

part of the map. is not an afk actual player. and im standing still too!
idk lol

#39 User is offline   Raedwulf Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine & Codebase Developer
  • Account: raedwulf

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

Well, interesting stats on that site, though I think the 1% spread decrease from the silencer is just random noise - it shouldn't affect spread at all (unless I've missed something in the code, but I spent hours searching) - the misunderstanding began because of the wrong description in the weapon description.
Two points:
- The angle which you view the shots is skewed - that would make calculations a little skewed too (in the sense that the distance from the centre would be slightly different for decal marks further to the top right when projected flat).
- The number of shots you are firing increase the spread, but the centre point moves as well - so which is spread and which is recoil?

Some hardwork has been put in, kudos for that, just take the statistics with a pinch of salt.

Perhaps with fewer shots it will be more meaningful. Rarely do you empty clips at a single go, and when you get that inaccurate, you're just wasting ammo.

#40 User is offline   choobie Icon

• Account: choobie

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

Hey taggedzi!

I just noticed you misspelled "Torso" under the power section, looks like for every weapon. It is spelled "Toros" on your website. Thanks for all the raw data though, I will have to take another look at the UMP as a secondary (always thought it to be just a slower version of the MP5).

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942