Urban Terror Forums: Some things to say.....about SID, UrT etc. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Some things to say.....about SID, UrT etc.

#51 User is offline   Stu (old) Icon

Posted 09 October 2004 - 03:08 AM

ever since I started about 2.1 or so, there has always been a good, strong community to support the game, not only do I thank them for the countless games, but also the development team for their time and effort to create something free for gamers to play

#52 Guest_|L13| Tumbledown

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:33 AM

I have a lot of issues with the Q3 engine but I find UrT excellent.

The whole netcode thing and PB causing havok with GFX cards is annoying but you cant keep a good mod down.

UrT is better than Quake3 ever was.

There are new people appearing all the time on servers which is really encouraging and most folk seem to be helpful towards them.

Lets help keep it alive for all the vets and noobs alike!

8)

#53 Guest_bengal

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:03 AM

gg sid, you have made the only game I keep coming back to.

I'll have times of off play when nothing seems to hit but I'm always compelled to come back, try something new and get hooked all over again. The community that your game spawned has given me a chance to meet a ton of great people... and all the ones that I've played with over the years tell me the same thing: there's no game that keeps you coming back for more punishment like urban terror does.

#54 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:02 PM

I've been playing since 1.27 and I'm still playing it, I have to say that SID did a good job. A good job, not an outstanding job as some people who posted here claim. It's the small things which can make a good mod a great mod. In UrT there are some things wrong which spoil the fun a bit, for example the unusual amount of headshots, the new red and blue skins which make us look like clowns, weapons missing too much, that it takes too much time before you die (in 1.27 you had a reasonable chance if you had to fight two opponents at the same time, in 3.x it's a lot more difficult). And last but not least the waverespawn-on-TDM problem which SID refuses to fix.
UrT is certainly not extremely good, but just good. Good enough though to be a enjoyable mod.

#55 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:29 PM

I agree. You have to shoot people so many times before they die, that people are forced to use sr8 or spray for the head all the time. Otherwise it just takes aaaaaaages to kill someone.

Look @ truecombat: surprise 3 players and you kill all of them. In Urt, you surprise them and before you had aenough time to kill the 1st, they have allready killed you.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:46 PM

Woekele, I'm not sure if your serious or if you're using irony, but you said it well. That's exactly the thing I like about TC, you die and kill more easily. In UrT you can hurt your opponent to 5% health in a firefight, but then you can still die if that opponent gets a lucky headshot with the MP5k.

#57 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:56 PM

Since when does being shot in the head not kill you? Besides, a headshot from the MP5K will not kill you if you have reasonable health.

#58 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:27 PM

[quote name='"F for Fragging"]Woekele' date=' I'm not sure if your serious or if you're using irony, but you said it well. That's exactly the thing I like about TC, you die and kill more easily. In UrT you can hurt your opponent to 5% health in a firefight, but then you can still die if that opponent gets a lucky headshot with the MP5k.[/quote']

I was serious. I think TrueCombar is a bit too far to the other end though. We should be kind of in the middle. Or prolly a bit more to the urt-side. Problem is when changing this, the entire weapon-balance is f00ked and all hard work on that has to be redone.

#59 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:43 PM

And last but not least the waverespawn-on-TDM problem which SID refuses to fix.

You mean the waverespawn-on-TDM which server admins don't change.

#60 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:43 AM

wave respawn is not broken...we cant force lazy admins

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942