• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Psychology behind the player. Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#51 User is offline   illmatic Icon

• Account: illmatic

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 14 May 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

Nice video i learned something ;D
Is your clan talking with headset to eachother or just years of playing together? :P

This was over two years ago, but I think we were playing with voice communication.

View PostBrainie, on 14 May 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

I tought about this fact. But I finally took a position to stop caring about "hacking" accusations. I heard some "legends" about people who used their heads so much than people called them hackers and they got banned. This doesn't scare me.

It's a nice video by the way. But was the guy loneley to think like that or all the team has approximatively the same way to think? I think that I heard good things about pnk|, so it doesn't surprise me that it's from them.

Yeah. But you need the energy and to take the time to do it... Some people prefers the skill... I find my fun in 'psychology' (damn, I don't even know if I'm using the good term) and I'm happy of it.

Do you know the pnk| team? Maybe I would ask them some questions... Or asking to the guy who made the video (and/or was the pov).

Accusations shouldn't scare you. You're in a good position if you're thinking about this already. Make sure to keep your wits about you.

In the video the whole team was playing well -- and there was likely some type of communication between them.

Psychology... from what I gather, a person's psychology does not change very much, whereas a person's play-style can change significantly during a match-up. Sometimes it's a matter of psychology ('If I humiliate my opponent he is more likely to switch weapons'), sometimes it's a matter of style ('Is my opponent playing a camp-style or a rush-style?')

You can get in touch with the pnk| team at http://www.pnkclan.net -- If you ask me any questions I will make sure the guy who made the video (and who was the POV) reads them and responds.

View PostNexu, on 14 May 2011 - 04:54 PM, said:

Plans usually get ruin when you're up against opponents that is simply outgunning you on all 1-on-1 situations. But than this is also usually the moment when you'll start notice who is a good team mate and who are playing by themselves. The good team mate will start setting themselves more up for crossfire positions with you (which they should have been doing in the first place).

Better to be a good team mate than a good player. What do you think Nexu?
[ a.k.a. Samalander, themudman, acrm ]

#52 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

View Postillmatic, on 15 May 2011 - 09:26 AM, said:

Accusations shouldn't scare you. You're in a good position if you're thinking about this already. Make sure to keep your wits about you.

Yeah. I thought about it and played in function of it (like a look the floor to concentrate myself on the sounds and not look the wall...).

In the video the whole team was playing well -- and there was likely some type of communication between them.

Yeah we see it. Very nice teamworking. I love how the pov has so much liberty in the game. He was able to move in function of his team and take some decisions about himself.
Did they play "freestyle" or they had a strategy?

Psychology... from what I gather, a person's psychology does not change very much, whereas a person's play-style can change significantly during a match-up. Sometimes it's a matter of psychology ('If I humiliate my opponent he is more likely to switch weapons'), sometimes it's a matter of style ('Is my opponent playing a camp-style or a rush-style?')

When I use this term, I base myself on a definition... ... mostly from Wikipedia (because I'm not an expert in the domain...). Psychology a science where you analyse people, you, your environment, etc.
Sometimes I make some links between Urban Terror and IRL. It works. And now, I'm asking myself if the way to play of a player could reflect what he is IRL...

You can get in touch with the pnk| team at http://www.pnkclan.net -- If you ask me any questions I will make sure the guy who made the video (and who was the POV) reads them and responds.
Can you tell me the name of the guy?

Oh, it's nice to see that they still exist! Thank you for the service. I will think about it.

Better to be a good team mate than a good player.

IMO, people would get more good in conscience in Urban if they think about it. +1

This post has been edited by Brainie: 15 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#53 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

Well... Maybe it would be a good idea to "up" it... So, UP!

Opinions, discussions... Other stuff about the subject...

Personnally, I'm working on an article to figurate the links between Urban and the humain brain.

#54 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

I have a big thing. And I'd like your opinion about it.

I'm thinking about the fact that there could be a tempo in Urban. Or, each players could have their own rythm.

I saw that I always die at a same instant, same little moment when I'm in a duel. I noticed this thing for other players around me.

So I started to "count" in my head to see if a tempo could exist (4/4, 3/3... 3/3 had the best results I think).
I don't really know if a tempo as a musical one could work. But I saw that if I count (1, 2, 3, etc) with a speed that is equal to the speed of the walking sounds (not exacly but it's very similar), most of the principal actions fall on the good times.

I also tought that the own rythm of a player could be proportionnal of his heartbeat (heartbeat of the dude behind his screen). But I can't really know how to prove it and test it. So it stays as an hypothesis.

What do you think about it? Do you think that a player could have a rythm, and the game could have a rythm?

This post has been edited by Brainie: 20 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

#55 User is offline   Rylius Icon

• Account: rylius
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:51 AM

I tend to fall into a rhythm while bunnyhopping, makes me very fast and concentrated.

Not sure about the game itself, I'll watch it while playing the next days.

Nice theory though!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

Interesting theory.

I noticed that im shooting my DE in the same rythm as the heatbeat when at low health, its kinda easyer to hit for me. Could be randomness tho.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#57 User is offline   Yuri Icon

• Account: yuri

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

I would say Urt is more a 6/8, 7/4 or 9/8.

If you know the map and playerspeed, you can tell where a player has gone. Players who jump a lot in game get further but get lower stamina and is forced to move slower.

For shooting - I shoot depending on the situation and change the weapon if i need to. semi - small burst for range, burst - spray if he is near me.
And sniping is more a feeling... my hand just quicksnipes someone without even looking the right way the player is (sometimes, not always). So no rythm in sniping.

Edit: when I play a map i know good, i think in my head where player coul'd go from their spawn and approach me.
Like a big 3D picture from above with moving players.

This post has been edited by Yuri: 25 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

My Music Channel --> youtube.com/hordetek

#58 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

View PostYuri, on 25 August 2011 - 02:26 PM, said:

Edit: when I play a map i know good, i think in my head where player coul'd go from their spawn and approach me.

Thats why i got banned for "Wall hacking" ...

#59 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:45 AM

View PostRylius, on 25 August 2011 - 06:51 AM, said:

I tend to fall into a rhythm while bunnyhopping, makes me very fast and concentrated.

Not sure about the game itself, I'll watch it while playing the next days.

Nice theory though!

Well, give me some returns please ;-) !

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 25 August 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

Interesting theory.

I noticed that im shooting my DE in the same rythm as the heatbeat when at low health, its kinda easyer to hit for me. Could be randomness tho.

Maybe it's a good thing to let the body's instinct to lead you for different roles (shooting, moving, etc). The instinct gets rarerly wrong. But I'll recommand a moderation about it. Because you could take some bad decisions and get killed easily and for a health question. I remember some moments where I've gotten scared or surprised, so the adrenaline went and the hearbeat was very high. I'm not sure if it's good for the health. Personnally, I don't like this sensation (I'm not cardiac but... : P).
It's an interessting thing for your way to shoot with a DE because I think that you need your head to use it. Need to take care about where you shoot (7 bullets + depends on your crosshair; I don't have a crosshair so need more application), the recoil, etc. I should try to let it be automatic or just as the feeling goes... I'd like to see if there could be a different result.

I would say Urt is more a 6/8, 7/4 or 9/8.

How do you know it? How have you count it?

If you know the map and playerspeed, you can tell where a player has gone. Players who jump a lot in game get further but get lower stamina and is forced to move slower.

I had a tought that was near your opinion. I think that the place can't be known with the speed of the player (anticipation & well deduction can make you easily know the places of the ennemi) but if you know where he would like to go (could be useful in bomb mode I think), knowing his speed could make you thinking about the most easy way to go to the needed place (because you need to adapt youself to his speed or find a way to make him changing it). Btw, speed is also important to determinate the rythm of your team, to adapt yourself to them (for rushing, camping, etc).
For the jumpers that have the obligation to be slow... It depdends. I saw some jumpers that were able to move very faster and very longer all in the map. Just a question of jumping skill I think.

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 25 August 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

Thats why i got banned for "Wall hacking" ...

It's a nice way to figurate the ennemi to yourself. It's not exactly this thing that makes you getting banned. I think it's the way you project it on your screen (trying to figurate a 3D view while you're looking at a wall... lolz). I think that it's impossible to make accusations on someone who's trying to know where a dude could be or really wallhacking if he's far from him. Wallhack is more easy to see with shorter distances.

Knowing the speed of the game you're playing. It could be an useful information. For example, I used (and I'm not loneley) to wait a few seconds at my spawn and after rush in the way of the opponent. He should get surprised cause it's a big rythm rupture for him (cutting a rush of someone, you know how it feels to be stopped...).

And maybe there's also a relation between my "theory" and the fact of being scared-surprised (you know when you're concentrated and make a jump on your chair... lolz). But that's a supposition. Ideas are here, but reallity is needed :D .

#60 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:28 PM

It's a nice way to figurate the ennemi to yourself. It's not exactly this thing that makes you getting banned. I think it's the way you project it on your screen (trying to figurate a 3D view while you're looking at a wall... lolz). I think that it's impossible to make accusations on someone who's trying to know where a dude could be or really wallhacking if he's far from him. Wallhack is more easy to see with shorter distances.

Knowing the speed of the game you're playing. It could be an useful information. For example, I used (and I'm not loneley) to wait a few seconds at my spawn and after rush in the way of the opponent. He should get surprised cause it's a big rythm rupture for him (cutting a rush of someone, you know how it feels to be stopped...).

And maybe there's also a relation between my "theory" and the fact of being scared-surprised (you know when you're concentrated and make a jump on your chair... lolz). But that's a supposition. Ideas are here, but reallity is needed :D .

I used playing bomb mode on Dust 2 almost every day. Dust 2 is a map where you can learn very fast, what the enemy could do. You just look trough the middel if you are red or trough the dubble door if you are blue, if you see alot of legs from enemy players going to the right side you know they go to a/b depends in wich team you are. Then when you know at wich bombside most enemys go there are only 2 directions the enemy can come from. both ways are great to defend if you use nades.

So in my head its like "If the enemy does this its the best to do this" basically its just a war of information. With such information its pretty easy to surprise your enemy :tongue:

After months and months learning all enemy movements (and the playing styles of the other players playing on the same server) it almost looks like you Wall Hack :sad:

This post has been edited by SilverFoxZ: 27 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942