• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jump Mode Notice Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   mistersamchun Icon

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Good work :)

But there i still have some questions :

"Start and Finish lines to be placed at the beginning and end of a map."

Will there be a chronometer function available on the new mapping software? (will it be added to gtk?)

I mean, like on defrag q3 mod.

When i see those crystals, i fell frustrated.

Can we finish a jumpmap without collecting all the crystals?

Can we create a jumpmap without crystals to collect? (like on 4.1.1 version)

Will we be able to play on previous versions jumpmaps? such as ut4_ or ut_?

Will the physics change? Will we able to overbounce like on 4.1.1 & q3?

Will there be jumps with weapons? such as a the benelli or the spas like on older versions.

I think that a lot of mappers won't create jumpmaps with crystals :] just to keep 4.1.1 jump style hehe.

Anyway, good work Frozen Sand, keep developping my favorite game ! :D

This post has been edited by mistersamchun: 22 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

#22 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostMr.Click, on 22 May 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

Yeah well. In Urban Terror 4.1 is more than sufficient. I don't know how you guys are going to build the new Jump Mode so I just explained how my solution works. But infinite stamina will not be that appreciated. Just go search UrT 4.1 Jump servers...I made a quick search and I found just a single jump server with that patch and it was empty.
On my serverbox I host like 6 Jump Servers. People are keeping in contacting me, asking to host their jump servers because they like the new features we introduced (mostly regain stamina and player position saved permanently).

Unlimited stamina is optional. Maybe even maps can make recommendations about what settings should be used, and servers can choose to directly copy those settings. But obviously a lot of testing needs to be done to see what works and what doesn't. With unlimited stamina you don't have to wait between jumps. With regen you still need to wait a bit. With those checkpoints you can continue immediately but you still need to use your stamina efficiently.

#23 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

Well, depends on how you want to use the server. Imho you guys should ask on UrTJumpers forum about innovations and suggestions for the Jump Mode. Those guys are the ones that keep this gametype growing up everyday.
As you may have noticed by Samchun post:

Can we finish a jumpmap without collecting all the crystals?

Can we create a jumpmap without crystals to collect? (like on 4.1.1 version)

Will we be able to play on previous versions jumpmaps? such as ut4_ or ut_?

people like this gametype as it is right now. They maybe want some improvements (mostly to solve problems like blocking) but a lot of the features specified are already available on my jump servers (and not just mine). This doesn't sound like a new Gamtype, but just making better something that has been already made, but not officially.

Moreover, I want to spend some words about what Samchun said about ut4_ and ut_ jump maps. On UrTJumpers is plenty of jump maps, but some map makers doesn't map anymore (The first who come in my mind is RichardYourGod -> Equilibrium). Will be really cool to play those "old" maps also with UrT HD, otherwise I think that players will stick with UrT 4.1 jumping for a long time also when UrT HD will come out, because they can setup servers with tons of jump maps (more maps choice, more fun)

#25 User is offline   pulse Icon

• Account: pulse

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

Oh oh oh! *raises hand*
Raider what about jump tutorials? I mean, i've seen some tutorial maps, but I think nothing would beat an integrated in-game jump tutorial. No one knows the jump mechanics better than the devs right? (This could also be coupled with a in-depth general gameplay tutorial but it's off-topic in this case. I leave the suggestion though :D )
If we have free-will, then why don't we have a choice not to?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   e-junkie Icon

• Account: ejunkie

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

*hands raider a cookie*

i'd change the crystals to something more "hardcore" :tongue:

#27 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

What about Stamina Stimpacks instead of crystals.

Posted Image

:tongue:
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#28 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

The crystals are nice. If you want variety, perhaps maps can be allowed to use custom objects if they want to. This way you can make a collection object with the same theme as the map.

#29 User is offline   klabauterman Icon

• Account: klabauterman
  • Main tag: aI|

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

:biggrin:

This is :cool:!

I :wub: this very much and hope for a public beta this year...

View PostPsyDuck, on 21 May 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

There is several jump maps where your supposed to die if fail. It's up to the mappers if they want people to be able to die on there map.

It's already in. Currently you are not fully invincible, you lemming like with /god 1, so you are limping and need to bandage yourself up to full health.
You can swim through lava, but you can die of "well placed HURT". (Tested with Jump Mode of HD Alpha on Superman)

#30 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostH0i, on 22 May 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

The crystals are nice. If you want variety, perhaps maps can be allowed to use custom objects if they want to. This way you can make a collection object with the same theme as the map.

Being able to set the amount of points an object gives? Say if the theme is gems, diamond gives more points than emerald.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942