• You cannot reply to this topic

Jump Mode Notice Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hi, a fs_jumpmode topic -)

Thanx for showing us the FS ideas for jumpmode, and thanx for creating jumpmode with new features which will give jumpers more type of maps to play. Jumping world needs new stuff to keep players in the game, and a glance at the future jumpmode was really needed

My thoughts about stamina/walljumps.

If possible, make the stamina_refill and walljumps_reset a mappers thing, so only maps which are made to be played with urt-unrealistic amount of walljumps and stamina, only those maps will be played with those new features.
This to make sure the old maps will still be played mainly in old realistic style
Personally i dont like to see servers with endless stamina/walljumps, with all kind of normal jumpmaps.
Make endless stam/wj a devmap feature.

Some questions

1 Will there be first party jumpmaps, will there be only new jumpmode maps, or also normal jumpmaps as first party, if so which?

2 Will jumpers be allowed to PIMP their player?
- Different player models than the frag models
(Then in menu you can set 2 players, 1 for frag, and another for jump)
- Different facial expression (more friendly). I really dont like them now.
- Choose between lets say 100 colors for a player, with same colored smoke (on wall and floor), and speedstripe. Customisable speedstripe would be so cool
- Also, i dont like to jump in war clothes.
- Will there be a pack_with_custom_knifes which will be updated once a year (if we still jump with knife)
- Will there be replacements for the knife? (kid-allowed game)
- Jumpers like funstuff, same story as above for funstuff. Someone has to be in control over the funstuff, and make each few months a new update with a collction of nice moderate small funstuff.
- Since there is something about Teamjumping, hmmm, dont forget to make nice shoes with nice underside, u have to look up, often you spend lot of time very close to another player.

All this^^ pimping, its just because jumping is not fragging, and being on a jumpserver is not like being on a fragserver. Jumping is often relax chill social stuff

3 I like this mappersfeature. If you as player are below a certain speed or you stop, then you spawn back to begin of the jump.
This to avoid players to stop on last platform to do the jmup in 2 parts. And to make nice jumps like bstjumps jumper2-3 combo (supposing this will be one jump), which is pretty nice with a floor, making platforms would make that jump unnecessary harder.

4 Hey, who spoke about no sprint?!?! j/k
But you can make features which wont be used much, but its for freaks. No sprint, no mouse, mouse only rotating to 1 side, mouse only directed to one side of map, disabling Forward movement with W (now its impossible, you have to make a frag-jump and force people to look back (jump with Backward S)to shoot somewhere to continue the jump). Would be cool if mappers can disable certain functions in certains parts of a map/jump (no sprint, no jump, no forward S, no mouse ...)
Also, can mappers make different jumps with different gravitys, in one map?
(But this is for freaks only, ask Levant, he knows me and he knows himself! haha)

5 A jumpmode_only radio functions, like; Hey, can someone crouch for me?
or: What the *@!#, how get i over this abyss?
This will be funny :D

6 Suggested lately: $location and $help (or $explanation $info)
$location will be only for locationnames and jumpnumbers.
The other for explanation about the jumpdirections, prejumps, if platforms are icy, if walls are un-jumpable, if there is a stamina-refill point or a walljmups-reset point, etcetra.....

7 I definitely want goto and goto spec too. There are more than 200 jumpmaps, and some have the most retarded jump, which i have passed already a few times but i dont wanna do again. But all other jumps are ok.
Take a normal map like vertigo. I go online with another junmper, and together we play map and finish it. Then maybe we do it again, and a 3rd time. Well, that map has a ladder, pffff, you dont wanna know (and even the best climbers lag). After i do that ladder once, i wont do it a 2nd or 3rd time on same day. And then one of us go to spec, to top of ladder, and then i goto him, etcetra... Its a very usefull feature, and i can make a list of maps with jumps i passed but i dont wanna do again that particular jump and i dont se any point in doping it (take the jump with moving objects in dutcherjmups. I dont have a problem in playing this map once a year, but i am not doing that jump anymore)

8 Hmmm, i dont find the medkit esthetical. Make that also cutomisable haha

9 Will we see in server_search 2 or 3 jumpmodes? ( i know OP says 2)
1 the realistic jumpmode with normal urt-frag dynamics
2 the unrealistic jumpmode with stamina/walljumps improvements
3 the team jumpmode

10 About the OP
- Chat is nice, but jumpers need just as fraggers all the mute features
- Lot of focus on competition, good for others but not me Hahah

11 For now this is enough, just writing this from mind so it might be incomplete and so...

#42 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

O, found some topic on urtjmupers where i posted some ideas, i will copy them

I dont like my Stamina Bar light-blue or light-yellow. Its hard to read it.
I want a bar i can adjust myself, with good colors and contrast, and it shouldnt change by map/team choise

(Its already much better in urtHD jaja)

Kind of offline audio mode.
Like to adjust these things i hear from other players
Breath/Steps/Knifing/Jumpings etcetra...
So i can choose to hear nothing except mapsounds, or mapsound and my own footsteps and or breathing. Or i wanna also hear the jumping and footsteps of others, but not the breathing (but i do wanna hear my own breathing) As example.....

Get rid of 'waiting for players'
(i thought that was already fixed for urtHD, just mentioning it again)

15 Hmmm most menu problems are the same for frag and jmuping and are already fixed (favoritng while ingame, see info in serverlist and dont jmup back to begin, storing last 30 servers where you have been, etcetra....)

When connecting to full server, you see sometimes this
Server Full, Line Position 1/10, Map xxxxx, Time 13.30/20.00 (time left...)
This would be very good to have this on all servers.
(I think this is alerwady discussed..., just copying some old ideas of a jumpmode thread)

17 O, important one!!!, see this topic:
http://www.urbanterr...390#entry314390

Idea by Gsigms:
sometimes when you are stuck at a jump and someone tries to help you still don't get it, and you need to go spectator or log with another UrT.

It would be nice to be able to temporarily switch/split view/screen without login another urt or going spec then redoing everything...

Might be like a second view in the corner and you could switch primary and secondary, it would also allow the helper telling you what is wrong with your jump without him having to go spectator. could also be nice when jumping with people to follow them without having to stop jumping.

on the technical side, I guess it would be like a camera portal on the hud.

#43 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Here the topic about the playermodels for jumpmode:

http://www.urbanterr...s-for-jumpmaps/

(Sorry for spam, be back later)

#44 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostRaideR, on 05 September 2011 - 11:52 AM, said:

Driller, thats not a half bad idea. Because you hold a knife if you were to rate "jump mode" in its self, you would probably be forced to give it a higher rating. However, if in jump the models were neutral, you only had hands, gore and nasty fall sounds where changed. There is no reason why jump should be anything other than ALL AGES.

Well constructed idea and its been noted. We will take your ideas under advisement!
What you said is probably not relevant by now, but we need weapons or anything that can be thrown for targetjumps. ^^

#45 User is offline   Olius Icon

• Account: olius

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Postv3nd3tta, on 21 May 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Fiiinally, I hated to turn up the game starting time to a high value to test it in HD Alpha 1.03 ehehehe ;D

edit: just wanted to reserve the first post LOL :D

well now just include surfing (sorry don't do it, cs:s is for surfing)

almost perfect for me that "jump mode plans" you've got there, would love to test it myself but yeah, being the UJC Noob Competition Champion doesn't qualify me right? :D
what about flags, do they still work? I loved that... and aswell with killing each other, also an option to activate just... for Science?

BIG EDIT: NOSPRINT Server cvar pl0x and ultra awesome question: tracers for the jumped routes and realtime ghosts like defrag?

"for Science"; do you play Portal 2?
BOOM
HEADSHOT

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Olius Icon

• Account: olius

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Sounds cool!

Just a suggestion, though: if you could add a "/noclip" button or something so that one could get a good overview of the map, and get quickly to a position they didn't necessarily save. Another option would be adding preset checkpoints on each map, that you could spawn or respawn at.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be great!
BOOM
HEADSHOT

#47 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

Pleas add /skip command so i can skip 14 out of 15 jumps.
Especially those damn ladders where i have to press w all the time to get up, those things are nerve wrecking.

#48 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostRayne, on 23 May 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Especially those damn ladders where i have to press w all the time to get up, those things are nerve wrecking.

+1 i always quit jumpmaps because of those :P
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#49 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostRayne, on 23 May 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

lol if you played ut4_laddermadness, you'd have to skip the whole map :laugh:

it's not really a jump map though..

#50 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postwraith, on 23 May 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

lol if you played ut4_laddermadness, you'd have to skip the whole map :laugh:

it's not really a jump map though..

I hate those things, they always make me ragequit. Now when i see my next jump involves ladder i pre-ragequit. I've notices pre-ragequiting saves me the trouble of buying a new mouse/keyboard/coffee mug.... :D

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942