• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Git Repository Hacked Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

hello fs,

i think it would be a good idea to give us an update on what happened here...

since binarythief's (dat name) profile tells us he rage quitted and his real name is dirty leaker..

i am pretty sure there will be wild legends growing about what went down here...

fs should tell the actual story .. make another official statement...

that way you could keep interpretational sovereignty in this case .. and get rumors to dim down ...

i remember urbanzone stepping forward in another sensitive matter, giving us their point of view..

and as far as i can tell this was important and it worked out..

thanks

karl
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#72 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

So seems it was infiltration .
So now we know the title is right in place - b1naryth1ef :D .
So obvious :D .

Probably I should mention to someone what b1naryth1ef replied when I PM'd , b1naryth1ef said that shouldn't PM FS members . Which was a surprise for me . No other FS members minded to PM them , so I thought it is just impolite for thatone .

So maybe it is a bit and my fault that you didn't discover the mole in time :( .
Sorry .

This post has been edited by Txc: 19 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

#73 User is offline   Pilou42 Icon

• Account: pilou42

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

b1naryth1ef ! :ohmy:

Don't tell me it was a plan before his beginning in FS team ?!!!!!

I hope he'll have a word to say to defend his honor when you'll post update on this case.

#74 User is offline   Camacho Icon

• Account: camacho
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostRabidcow, on 17 August 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

[text]news 423[/text]

Have you lost the information from your website too? Are our passwords safe?

This post has been edited by Camacho: 19 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Hey vato,
Come join the misfit in our server
/connect PresidentCamacho.NET
http://PresidentCamacho.NET
Camacho@PresidentCamacho.NET

#75 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ryuujin

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

We love your dedication and work Frozen Sand. You and us are the community, nobody else.

-rYuuJiN
a thing of beauty is a joy

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostCamacho, on 19 August 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Have you lost the information from your website too? Are our passwords safe?

This has already been answered. No, it was a completely separate system so the site has not been hacked.

#77 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

It blows my mind when free isn't good enough for people. Then again with the number of people already getting handouts in real life I guess I shouldn't be too surprised at the feelings of entitlement many people have. Feel free to spend years working hard to develop the skill set necessary to even begin to be able to do stuff like this if you want to do things differently.

I'm a professional developer, and it's rare I give my time away for free--as I have very little of it to give even if I wanted to. FS, thank you for donating your skills to provide a fun game many can enjoy--I tremendously appreciate everything you've done, and I know many others do as well. I hope you're able to continue to shrug off those that just don't have a clue.

#78 User is offline   DeMS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: dems

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

I'm sorry for you FS, you certainly don't deserve this.

It's a shame people would do that, but since the damage is already done, it's time to move on and get things done.

Hopes are such an action just strenghtens your determination to keep moving forward, as for such a plot to get to the sources means you're important to some people.

If there's anything the community (that includes me) can do to help, just ask.

View PostBladeKiller, on 17 August 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

The reason we kept it closed and compatible with Q3 was because many in this community asked us to, so UrT wouldn't end up like other open sourced games that are splintered into many smaller games making it hard to find a reasonable game to play. It is still playable on Q3 as a mod as it always was. This was done with written permission from id Software years ago when they released the engine as gpl v2. Even if we did open source the mod code you would not get the assets as these are not included with gpl v2.

Closed code is also much easier to defend of cheaters, unless you have an army of voluntary AC coders willing to kill any vulnerability.

So the way I see it now, it's much better that it stays close-sourced and not too mod-friendly (don't want UrT to end up like rFactor).

#80 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

As much as I am an advocate for open source, it does sadden me that someone would outright steal your code. However, it does make me want to just look at the source to understand how this game works lol. Im no real coder and would probably be lost looking at the code (hence I have not asked to join FS), but I am genuinely intrigued to see how everything relates and see what makes this game function.

And as much as people have been hating on 4.2, I LOVE the jump mode. The new jumping cvars and timers and other entities have really made major progress and have been awesome to see implemented.

I also have to agree a little bit with Rayne... I kinda wish you devs would go ninja for a while and just focus on writing code etc for HD, posting mysterious updates every once in a while and really pushing the envelope of how UrbanTerror functions (especially with a new and much more functional engine!).

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942