• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

End of the 4.1 era Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   RAW-mEAT Icon

• Account: rawmeat
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

Hi,

I imposed 4.2 upon myself since it was mandatory for Urbanzone and Clanbase leagues, I told others that invited me to 4.1 servers that I'm not interested in playing 4.1 since i wanted to focus on the actual version of the game. Here is what I got after 1 yr of 4.2

+ enjoyed the sound enhancements from the last versions
- Tons of empty 4.2 servers and only 2-3 crowded 4.2 servers
- disliked everything movement related.

A few weeks ago I joined some 4.1 Server since I just had the feeling to do so, its sad to see what happened to the game in 4.2 the whole "flow" of the previous versions is missing in the 4.2.

I always enjoyed the new versions of UrT since 2.5 and SID/FS made it always to archive something better release after release. (well there where some buggy releases which got fixed after a short time, who cares.)
But 4.2 is really alien, its not that I didn't tried, check my playerprofile u can see I really did.

Its sad to see that the new version can't really put an impressive mark vs. the old version and so you decided to kill it a little more.

#32 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

In the early 4.2 releases i agree that the movement felt off, but right now 4.2 feels very much like 4.1 but with improvements. The only movement related issue i know of is this. So now the only real problem with 4.2 is lack of players.

#33 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

I've told the guys in znine zombie mod server about the switch

#34 User is offline   LaptopBrony Icon

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

This sounds like suicide to me, personally. As I saw in a previous post, it'll be interesting to see who will leave the player base and who will move to 4.2, and remembering how bad it was when I played it, and how active both builds are at the moment, it's not looking good from my standpoint. I'll be one of those who will likely leave, unfortunately as 4.1 was an amazing game and i'll miss it. Shame..

/eVo/LaptopBrony
eVo Clan Administrator

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#37 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostFredrik, on 19 December 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

What i scratch my head over is why big servers like WC and boobs don't get b3 to regularly display a message advertising 4.2. I know boobs have done some but it was temporary.

4.2 variations have been going for over a year now, in that time there have been some major leaps forward and big changes, not all of these worked first time but we keep improving on it month by month, its only a matter of time before even those that currently dislike 4.2 join us. 2014 is looking be a good year for urban terror as we smash through bug fixes and add even more great content and features.

Clans like WC/Boobs that remain on 4.1 still clearly do not intend to upgrade so it makes sense why they are not advertising the latest release.

Other people dislike change and are off put by the drastic advancements made in 4.2 like the new hit detection system which forces old school players to re-learn how to aim completely after numerous years of aiming to what they preceived has the "right way". Other additions like Anti-Cheat and AUTH have the potential to scare a small portion of players away, perhaps they do not want to register or cannot play on their favourite server without registering or perhaps its the Anti-Cheat that keeps them on 4.1.

Anyways, in any case we'll welcome new comers and look forward to hearing more constructive criticism from the community to make 4.2 even better than it is now.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#38 User is offline   LaptopBrony Icon

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 20 December 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Interesting.

Why is it that thous who have less than 10 post, and in a lot of cases 1 or two, seem to be going Chicken Little with the idea that the game is doomed?

Interesting.

I've been in the UrT community for 4 years, don't be fooled by my only having 1 post with this account. I can't seem to change my name on my old account as I no longer go as Capt.McKay

When you announce on the front page of your site you're shutting down your master servers, 4.1 is ending play 4.2 that doesn't tell anyone you can still play 4.1, which would have been a good point to put in your news post.

#39 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

I disagree, we don't support 4.1 any longer and we want the community to move on to 4.2, it's in our best interest. When we moved from 3.7 to 4.0 we didn't advertise that 3.7 could still be played..

#40 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

What if car brands still advertised their 1980 models.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942