• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut42_revolution Rate Topic: *---- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   bagheera Icon

• Account: bagheera

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

FS guys, I'd like to know what's the status of map Revolution by Wetwired and Queenbee?
The prefix suggests that it's one of those leaked maps, but utfortunately the map wasn't included to 4.1.1 update. Did someone from FS work on this map or the orginal authors? If FS, could you guys let some experienced and volunteer (maybe some even takes it reading this thread) mapper to finish it? I played this map on bomb mode and truly love it for it's unique theme and layout, unfortunately because of few bugs sometimes it's unplayable, so players are discouraged from playing :( It would be a shame if such a good map would be forgotten.
Bugs that I noticed:
1. The lift (the button sometimes doesn't work)
Posted Image

2. The doors (can be blocked if players on both sides of them keep pressing the open buttons same time)
Posted Image
Posted Image

3. The ladder (you can get stuck there if you try to climb up from the side as on screenshot)
Posted Image

4. Not a bug but it makes map less playable: The bombsite red glass entrances - rebuilding them would be nice cause it's too narrow there atm.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   bagheera Icon

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 21 May 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

It was missing a texture which was reported but QueenBee didn't fix it so I didn't include it with 4.1.1. You would have to contact her or Wetwired for more information or permission to work on it.

Thx for a reply!
Yes I remember that missing texture from 4.1, but apparently on 4.1.1 it works somehow :)
I sent Queenbee a PM, Wetwired seems to be not registered on the forum.
Posted Image
EDIT: hm texture is missing sometimes? (screenshot below was taken on 4.1.1. version too)
Posted Image

This post has been edited by bagheera: 25 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

#5 User is offline   bagheera Icon

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 22 May 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

Wetwired went pro years ago and hasn't been on the dev team since 2.3 Someone found e-mail for Wetwired in a different thread about updating Precinct.

Thanks. I found the thread, though from another topic I got to know that bestia455 has already contacted Wetwired and got permission to fix ut_precinct so I asked him to do the same about ut42_revolution. (I'm not a mapper so it would be awkwardly for me to bother Wetwired for permission to another person to fix his map). I hope you are fine with that?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   queenbee Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: queenbee

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around much, been working 12 hour days. I still have everything, I really don't have time to work on this. BK, do you want me to send you the .map so your team can work on it?

This post has been edited by queenbee: 25 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

#8 User is offline   bestia455 Icon

• Account: bestia455

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:22 AM

Hi there, I looked into the texture, turns out it was a shader for base_wall/glass01

I added this to the end of revolution.shader

textures/base_wall/glass01
{
        surfaceparm trans	
	cull none
	qer_trans 	0.5

{
		map textures/effects/tinfx.tga
                tcgen environment
		blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
		rgbGen identity
	}
        {
		map $lightmap
		rgbGen identity
		blendFunc filter
	}

}

and it worked:

As for the other stuff.. I tried to get stuck on the ladders, but could not
I did not even look at the elevator, or doors

If you want someone to edit the map where the glass is to make a wider path you will need the .map from Queenbee, and you would have to get someone that actually maps Like Blade or someone else at http://www.custommapmakers.org/ as for me I never even tried to make a map before. :/

#9 User is offline   bagheera Icon

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

View Postqueenbee, on 25 May 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around much, been working 12 hour days. I still have everything, I really don't have time to work on this. BK, do you want me to send you the .map so your team can work on it?

Come on BladeKiller. Please respond for the QueenBee's offer. I understand that FS is busy because of UrT HD, but on the other hand I read many threads on this forum about old maps - the problem was always a contact with authors to get a permission or the lost files. In this case there is no problem (yet?), so please could you get an experienced mapper to finish Revolution and release it asap?

Request: BK could you edit my first post or maybe even topic name (since I can't?) and add a request to report bugs, that would help the mapper much I guess.

Bestia455 thanks for contribution!

Regarding the stucking on the ladder: I've noticed that many new players on this map try to climb up from the not proper side (as on the screen, from rocket side), I tried few times too and always got stuck on this element marked on the screenshot ( idk I might be just a noob :) )
Posted Image

Regards,
Bag

#10 User is offline   bestia455 Icon

• Account: bestia455

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Last night I sent another E-mail to Wetwired about revolution, and he replied: Sure go nuts with it. So I guess your all set. By the way Bladekiller if I ask more authors about updating their work would you want me to ask that the authors add your E-mail when they reply with an answer? This way FS will be aware of weather permission was granted or not.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942